Does Anyone In The Los Angeles Know Where To Get Fondarific

Decorating By ayerim979 Updated 18 Mar 2010 , 9:59am by afunk

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:04am
post #31 of 37

Dang it, I've gotta drive 45 miles to get me some Rich's Bettercreme? Why doesn't anyone else carry it?!! icon_mad.gif . Just to make sure y'all were paying attention, Cake Palace in Carson does carry Rich's Whip N Ice. I emailed Rich's fo find out how it differs from Bettercreme and it simply has a shorter shelf life: 4 hrs at room temp/ (instead of 5 days)3 days in the fridge (after whipping)/2 weeks thawed unopened in the fridge. Still good for a yr frozen though.

I only mention it because if some of you are further South, a trip to Glendora might just be TOO far but wanted to let you know there is a workable alternative only about 20-30 min from you. I think I posted this in the Bettercreme thread about 100 yrs ago icon_wink.gif

devorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
devorie Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:22am
post #32 of 37

Yes, Glendora is in the boondocks. But I think that I did see Bettercreme somewhere more local - could it have been Smart & Final? Surfas? Can't remember - preggo brain has not left yet - but when I do, I'll be sure to post.

kricket Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kricket Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:38am
post #33 of 37

The only one I've been to is Surfas and it's divine. In my dreams, I'm returning there to shop........

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:42am
post #34 of 37

S+F only carries the chocolate Bettercreme. For vanilla they only carry Pastry Pride and Frostin' Pride (which are disgusting IMO). I asked about special orders since they obviously are a reseller for Rich's products, but they don't do them thumbsdown.gif. Surfas doesn't carry it, unless it's new to their inventory; I called them about it several months ago.

But hey at least we tracked down the Fondarific, right? icon_biggrin.gif

devorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
devorie Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 8:03am
post #35 of 37

It must have been S&F - I didn't look to close when I saw it. icon_sad.gif

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 9:30pm
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFood4

Pila's in Norco sells Fondarific as well as the Sweetex Hi Ratio Shortening. She has a great selection of Magic Line pans as well. She sells a buttercream too which is really good.

Correction...Pila's sells Fondx, not fondarific.

afunk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afunk Posted 18 Mar 2010 , 9:59am
post #37 of 37

save!
Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%