Tasting Question

Decorating By saberger Updated 28 Jan 2010 , 4:14am by kake4umjp

saberger Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 1:34am
post #1 of 5

After an inquiry for a tasting, I offered three different flavor cupcakes for $25, to be applied towards the purchase. I had figured I could make the cupcake, fill it with the filling and ice it with the icing.

However, now she is asking for a 4th one. I guess it shouldn't be a big deal, but as I look at the flavors that she is requesting, they are my more $$ ones AND three of them include chocolate cake.

I guess my question is: how do I provide her with the samples that she wants without losing $ and time and cake? I have a small chocolate layer and thought of cutting that into small 2" circles, doing the same with the other two cake flavors and then having the 4 fillings on the side for her to put on the cake. Does that work?

I would love any other ideas. I have a small cake of each 3 cake flavors already and would just have to make the filling. And I did suggest purchasing a small cake for her family to try, but she didn't go for that idea.

4 replies
Deb_ Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 2:58am
post #3 of 5

Cupcakes are nice but I like keeping everything separate so they can try different flavors together.

saberger Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 3:14am
post #4 of 5

kake4umjp Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:14am
post #5 of 5

I keep several 1/4 sheet cakes of various flavors in my freeaer. I cut pieces in the size of 2"" deep X 1" wide by about 3" long. I put thes on a cardboard that I have cut. side by side neapolitian style. Making a cake about 6" x 2" x 3" this gives them 4 to 6 different samples. I frost them with my buttercream and put a long piece of fondant on 1/2 of it length wise. If they want fillings I put these on the side. I offer them what I have available. If they want something else they have to buy a cake. I have never had a problem. I offer 14 different flavors. They say if these are this good, I know the others will be good. I have a candy box that ish fits in and let them take what they do not eat home with them. There is some left unless they bring 5 people like last week.... Uggg. You might as well mark that one off. they can not make up their minds with all that help icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%