Sister's 40Th

Decorating By evbunt Updated 28 Jan 2010 , 1:52am by Caths_Cakes

evbunt Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 1:19am
post #1 of 3

Okay, I have a couple months for this, but I am having a hard time controlling my ideas! My sister is turning 40 in April and some of her good friends and I are throwing a surprise party. She has been just a huge fan of my cakes and I want to be sure to do something spectacular. (Small glitch, mydaughter turns 4 that weekend and we are having her party same time...never done 2 cakes at once).

At any rate, she is a very blingy girl, they have plenty of wealth to spread around and have been very generous to us...so I want something special. They are going to France a few days later...I've thought about a France theme, a purse/shoe theme (major shopper), diamonds and glitz, photo memoirs on the cake, she loves the beach, she loves margaritas and wine and champaign...the ideas are endless, but I just can't narrow my idea. Kind of thought about a "favorite things" type of thing, but don't even know where to begin!

Any ideas would be very, very welcome!

Oh, and along these lines, I am an at home baker...very amatur and I need to know how to roll fondant out big enough to cover a cake! I can't seem to roll it big enough to be able to cover a cake...so I'l have to figure that out probably by April!

2 replies
SandiOh Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 1:34am
post #2 of 3

I don't have any ideas, however I suggest you go to flickr.com and search for different themed cakes....tons of inspiration there.

As for the fondant, I HIGHLY recommend Jennifer Dontz's DVD's, especially "The easy and tasty way to perfect fondant". she has a recipe for a white chocolate fondant that rolls out beautifully. you can find that dvd and some others on sugardelites.com

good luck.

Caths_Cakes Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 1:52am
post #3 of 3

use more fondant to cover the cake lol icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%