Help A Newbee

Baking By cookie_me Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 12:16am by cookie_me

cookie_me Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 1:17am
post #1 of 7

What is a Doboard and where can I get one icon_cry.gif

6 replies
idcakegirl Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 1:25am
post #2 of 7

This is something I actually know the answer to! Yay! I just got a Dobord for my birthday (last week) and will be trying it out on Saturday.

Its a board where the bottom drops down to a specific height so that when you go to roll out your cookies they will be even.

Here's the site I used:

http://www.armchair.com/store/gourmet/baking/rollingpin.html

HTH icon_smile.gif

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 7

I don't bake cookies often enough to justify spending so much on a doboard, so I found some rolling pin rings instead. They work pretty good and are small so I can just throw them in a drawer.

The ones I have are not Wilton (I bought them in a local cooking store).
http://www.cooksworld.com/Merchant3/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CW&Product_Code=C34&Category_Code=rollingpinssifters
I think the Wilton ones are less expensive, but I don't know how good they are.

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:23pm
post #4 of 7

For rolling out my cookie dough, I actually got the paint stirring sticks from Home Depot, Lowes. They come in two sizes. The ones for 5 gallon paint cans are 1/4" thick. The ones for stirring 1 gallon & smaller cans are 1/8" thick. I tape them to my counter, put waxed paper down between the two sticks so they are positioned the width of my rolling pin. The 1/4" I use for cookie dough (& pie crusts) & the 1/8" I use for my MRBC! They work great & I can always get more very inexpensively. icon_biggrin.gif

cindy58 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATHIESKREATIONS

I tape them to my counter, put waxed paper down between the two sticks so they are positioned the width of my rolling pin. The 1/4" I use for cookie dough (& pie crusts) & the 1/8" I use for my MRBC! They work great & I can always get more very inexpensively. icon_biggrin.gif

Well, duh, I never thought of taping them down!

I do have a doboard and I really like it. I usually roll my dough 1/4". I wish it had a setting that was 3/16" though to use for the old plastic detail cutters.

PJ37 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:41pm
post #6 of 7

...or you can use dowel rods...

cookie_me Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:16am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for all the Ideas , i need to make sure my thicknes is constant so I can control my oven time evenly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%