Oh No You Didn't...

Decorating By _Jamie_ Updated 29 Jan 2010 , 5:13pm by JenniferMI

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 63

....just drop THIS off to me! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif And this ladies and gents, is exactly why I take my own pictures of my cakes BEFORE the reception begins. So I can leave these things off! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Carry on! icon_razz.gif
LL

62 replies
The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 63

the second photo isn't showing up....

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 63

Ha!!! I totally agree!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 63

icon_lol.gif I actually have purchased and used that topper on a cake before! It was a cake made for a party we had at work for my boss (at the time) the day before he left for his wedding and honeymoon.

_Jamie_ Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 10:23pm
post #5 of 63

There is no second picture sassy, it always does that when you load a pic.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 10:28pm
post #6 of 63

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

_Jamie_ Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 10:32pm
post #7 of 63

It's funny, and makes ya laugh, but sheesh.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 10:34pm
post #8 of 63

ick. Why do people think that's funny? I don't know who should be more ashamed- the bride or groom.

_Jamie_ Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 10:38pm
post #9 of 63

Yeah, I mean it's their day, by all means, but I don't get it. Oh well. I get the picture of the cake before I put it on! VICTORY IS MINE! Take THAT Wilton! Bwahahahaha! icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 10:44pm
post #10 of 63

You know what I find really funny, is that they go to you for a high-end cake, pay that high-end cake cost, and then use that as their topper. They are either really twisted or got a great sense of humor! icon_lol.gif

_Jamie_ Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 10:50pm
post #11 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

You know what I find really funny, is that they go to you for a high-end cake, pay that high-end cake cost, and then use that as their topper. They are either really twisted or got a great sense of humor! icon_lol.gif

That's what I'm saying! icon_lol.gif But.....

icon_redface.gif

this particular cake is far from being a custom design. It's cornelli lace. But, it's a kick arse spice cake recipe! But....

icon_redface.gif

the bride wants strawberry/cream cheese filling.

icon_confused.gif ((sigh)) Sounds very odd to me. I personally have not tasted those flavors together before. They picked it out at a tasting. icon_lol.gif

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 10:59pm
post #12 of 63

I don't get these toppers at all. Do couples really want to convey, even in a joking way, the notion that the groom is anything but thrilled to be there? I just don't get it. icon_confused.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 11:03pm
post #13 of 63

I know right Artscallion, what does that say for the future?

And I'm sorry, that just doesn't sound like a great flavor combo!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 2:11am
post #14 of 63

Yeah, I never liked the "she caught him" mentality. He's the lucky one, IMHO.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 3:58am
post #15 of 63

I have the perfect design for that topper!!
LL

_Jamie_ Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:02am
post #16 of 63

Yes! That's perfect!!!

LaBellaFlor Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:07am
post #17 of 63

O.M.G. Ahhahhhahhhahahahahahahahahahahhahhhaaa!

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:17am
post #18 of 63

My cousin had that topper on her wedding cake. The groom was supposed to be running toward a motocross bike (his favorite thing) but the decorator left the bike off for some reason. Personally, I find toppers like this one (and the one where he's on the ground and she's dragging him by the collar) offensive and embarrassing. Oh well. If I had to have a Witon topper at my wedding, I'd choose this one:

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=9D63A5C4-423B-522D-F8F73A41F751FB1E&killnav=1

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:20am
post #19 of 63

Ok my hubby and I are not married, but we thought about a fun topper icon_redface.gif

It was because we are both really like jokers.....But since I have gotten into cakes, I wouldnt put ANY topper on my cake lol.

(I really dont see how its offesive tho? just not YOUR personality!)

sugarjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarjones Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:26am
post #20 of 63

I think people love these toppers because they think no one has ever seen them before. Like it's some undiscovered gem they get to reveal to their guests so they'll go "Oh, that's SO like them". (dripping with sarcasm) Ick! But to me, I'd rather have this one than a Precious Moments! icon_smile.gif

_Jamie_ Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:31am
post #21 of 63

Oh sugarjones!!! You know what....you are absolutely right. I "missed" out on a wedding that was centered around that theme. Ack!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:40am
post #22 of 63

Nothing like placing a bit of $4.00 plastic crap on top of a $400. - $4000. wedding cake - icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
Or any cake for that matter

All class ..........................NOT.

Doesn't say alot for the bride - but then i guess there are women out there who think........... "i just couldn't live without him." icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL - should ask them in ten years if they thought that topper was cute/wonderful/funny.............................. or worth it. icon_wink.gif

Bluehue

sugarjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarjones Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:41am
post #23 of 63

I wonder if all the bridesmaids had really big Doe-eyes and oversized heads? haha! I'm picturing puffy sleeves and parasols!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:55am
post #24 of 63

okay, I guess i go against the norm here.. icon_razz.gif I think they are funny. maybe not appropriate for all couples or all cakes, but I know a couple that have been together for 17 years... not married yet and he said that if he ever gets her to the alter that he wants the topper that has the bride running away and groom is standing on her train.

you can see it on here http://www.weddingaccessories.net/-strse-Wedding-Cake-Toppers-cln-Funny-Cake-Toppers/Categories.bok

my only complaint is they need more where the bride is the escapee. icon_lol.gif

but i love and live for laughter.

motherofgrace Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:12am
post #25 of 63
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:17am
post #26 of 63

-Sweetheart- -- That one is so funny!

motherofgrace Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:20am
post #27 of 63

icon_wink.gif we always said if/when we get married, that when we do the kiss the bride bit, that I would grab his bum icon_wink.gif

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:45am
post #28 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweetheart-

see this is the one I would go for! http://www.weddingaccessories.net/-strse-3090/love-pinch-bridal-couple/Detail.bok

I think that one is kinda cute! icon_smile.gif

candoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candoo Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 6:07am
post #29 of 63

I just did a wedding cake and groom's cake that used toppers like that- I took a pic of the wedding cake w/o it (in my pics), but the groom's cake was a scene centered around one of those "wonderful" toppers. To each his own, I guess...

motherofgrace Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 6:08am
post #30 of 63

icon_smile.gif see its all in the personality haha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%