For $59.95 This Bakery Could Be Yours In Ri

Business By Deb_ Updated 29 Jan 2010 , 1:17pm by Deb_

Deb_ Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 12

Check this out....anyone from RI or MA interested?

It's certainly a unique opportunity. I wonder if the owners are members here on CC.

11 replies
Mensch Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 12

read the fine print. It's a gimmick!

Deb_ Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 12
Originally Posted by Mensch

read the fine print. It's a gimmick!

What do you mean? You think it's just a way to get free advertising?

Mensch Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 12

No, I really think that they're *selling* the place.

For $250 000.

Deb_ Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 12

oh...I'm a little slow today! icon_lol.gif

After reading the entire article I just realized that you only get the "business" the building has a 3 yr lease at $1200 month.

One of my hair clients goes to the bakery though and loves their stuff. He said it's like a little French bistro, expensive but every bite is delicious.

kellertur Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 2:34am
post #6 of 12

That's too bad... I really want to move to Bristol...

Deb_ Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 2:41am
post #7 of 12
Originally Posted by kellertur

That's too bad... I really want to move to Bristol...

OMG I would love that! Write an essay and if you win I'll work for you! icon_biggrin.gif

Bristol is beautiful, one of my employees lives there.

kellertur Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 3:18am
post #8 of 12

I know, then we can get together and "dish"... er, I mean cook. icon_wink.gif

My hubby went to RW College, LOVE it there!!! We are heading out that way in July to visit my husband's friend's grave (killed himself in that same cemetary...) Anyway ~ I'm not even sure RI allows home bakeries... but they are in the central route of all the excitement~ Boston, the Cape, NYC not far, we have friends in CT... my husband hates the RI highway, but they are improving it so it's not as scary...

And a close friend of mine lives in Cranston, and his daughter is only 10 days younger than ours. RI bound!

Deb_ Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 3:39am
post #9 of 12

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry about your DH's sad.

I remember talking to you about your friends in Cranston.....we used to live there before moving to MA 6 yrs ago. I couldn't bake from my home in RI, but I'm not sure it was a statewide law or just my area.

Move to's definitely legal here!

cakesdivine Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:51pm
post #10 of 12

I don't think it is a gimick it is a way to make sure the new owner is really able to do this. They are being very honest about what costs will be involved over and above the $59.95 entry fee to be a contender. I would rather shell out $59.95 and then the rent, permits, and other necessary stuff rather than the full $250,000 and all that other stuff too! I think it is a wonderful idea. I just wish I had about $15000 laying around for all the miscellaneous up front costs, if so, I would put my $59.95 down and submit an essay to them too...And I Live In TX and would never dream of moving, but would definitly put my daughter in charge of the business, cuz she loves being up North, too cold for me, but would go every summer! Would love to implement my fundraisers and community rebate program that I offer to that

I need to win the lottery! LOL!

But I would be one in 4170 contenders for the place. That is how many entries it would take for them to raise the $250,000 asking price.

EatSomeCake Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:35pm
post #11 of 12

Sounds awesome to me, I'll be sending in my entry fee and essay. My husband works in Woonsocket, RI and have been thinking of moving that way anyhow so he can reduce his long commute. Even if things didn't work out for whoever wins it, such as the rents were raised exorbitantly at the end of the lease, you still get to walk away with all that equipment and move the business down the road. Over time you can put your personal spin on the place but not too quickly, don't want to scare away the customers. Their food looks delish anyhow...well, I better start writing my essay, ha ha....

Deb_ Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:17pm
post #12 of 12

Good luck with your essay! Let us know if you hear anything. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%