You Want To Use My What?

Business By thecookieladycc Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 7:38pm by costumeczar

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 3:03am
post #31 of 38

Some people just do not think. I could see if it was a friend and even then I would have to think about it. I do not make it a habit in borrowing from others. When it comes to my equipment I'm hard press. I was like that when I did hair I would have some co workers who wanted to borrow my tools and when they asked to often I started saying no. You spend your money and made the investment so why not you.

cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 9:54pm
post #32 of 38

Friends, yes. I have shared pans, cutters, recipes, techniques. I am not in business but have spent lots of cash on my cake obsession....umm, hobby icon_smile.gif But strangers? I am amazed at the audacity of some people. It's like calling up a plumber and asking to borrow their tools so you can fix your own pipes...who does that?? icon_confused.gif Oh, and that weird request to decorate a cake someone else baked? Like, "I think my cake will taste better than anything you could bake?" icon_eek.gif Rude.

kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 10:38pm
post #33 of 38

I'm new to this but no, I wouldn't lend, ever. Well, to my mum. And sister. But that's it. Certainly not my brother Lol.

Seriously though, it's like books. I've lent out so many, and never get them back. And I can't remember who I lent them to. I only lend to close friends. They all say 'What? No! Not me!' and I have to buy a new one.

Due to my apparent memory deficits, I would not lend out caking gear.

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 4:53am
post #34 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Someone asked me for a borrow once. They were met with stunned silence. They got the message.

Yep, same here! thumbs_up.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 5:23am
post #35 of 38

I think it was rude of her to ask.

KReeves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KReeves Posted 15 Feb 2010 , 2:23pm
post #36 of 38

One of my friends asked me once if she could borrow my ENTIRE supply of tips for a cake she was making for her brother. This girl is not a decorator and has had no experience with cake making; she just wanted to "play" with them (yes, that's a direct quote). I told her I was more than willing to let her come to my place to use them and that way she wouldn't have to worry about getting them back to me that same day...She quickly changed her mind and didn't need my tips after all. Ugh...I don't think some people get the fact that these are not toys (and even if your equipment is hobby-related, it's still a darn expensive hobby!).

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 6:57pm
post #37 of 38

As my mom used to say... Never be a borrower or a lender be.

thumbs_up.gif

I have found out the hard way she was right.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 7:38pm
post #38 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolynlovescake

As my mom used to say... Never be a borrower or a lender be.

thumbs_up.gif

I have found out the hard way she was right.

She was right...I tell my kids to never lend out something that you don't mind not getting back!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%