Is it alright to do this? This is the first time I'll be making a chocolate transfer (candy melts) for the top part of a cake bigger than an 8 inch round (I'm going to be doing a 9x13 or larger) but I'm worried about it melting or cracking since I'm making it ahead of time.Is it okay to make it 10 days ahead of when I'll use it? If it is okay - should I store in the fridge or just in an airtight container? If anyone has any tips on how I can put it on the top of the cake without any cracking, I'd sure appreciate it.
I would leave it in an air tight container out of direct light and you will be fine. I have some that are just on chocolate and they are from several months ago. They are samples from the RBA show last October!!!