What Do I Use For A Soft Tiffany Blue?

Baking By TracyLH Updated 27 Jan 2010 , 7:59pm by TracyLH

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 9

I need to make cookies with RI in a soft Tiffany Blue. Does anyone know what color or combination of colors I use to do get that shade? Americolor and Wilton can differ a bit, so if you know which to use, it would be most appreciated if you pass on if it was Americolor or Wilton.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer! icon_smile.gif

8 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 9

I would try Anericolor Sky Blue or Electric Blue.They are very close in color and can be made darker.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 9

In my pix I did a Tiffany Box cake using 5 drops of teal with one drop of sky blue. If you need it lighter, mix this with white fondant.

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 9

I was actually just researching this yesterday! I found a Tiffany box cake photo on here and the decorator mentioned that she used sky blue with a tiny bit of spring green. I dont know if she used Americolor or Wilton, though.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:14pm
post #5 of 9

I would think it was Americolor but Wiltons Sky Blue is very close too.

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:16pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

In my pix I did a Tiffany Box cake using 5 drops of teal with one drop of sky blue. If you need it lighter, mix this with white fondant.

Your Tiffany box if FABULOUS!!! I'm going to try your color combo, for sure! Did you use Americolor?

bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:18pm
post #7 of 9

Yes, I used Americolor. I like the drop action as opposed to Wilton's little tubs. It took some doing but I did come up with the five drops teal to one drop sky blue ratio and I was able to accurately recreate that color over and over. icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:18pm
post #8 of 9

Oh I forgot to add, Chefmaster liquid paste did well too with those colors. icon_biggrin.gif

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 7:59pm
post #9 of 9

Oh, you are all so very helpful and it is SO very much appreciated! icon_biggrin.gif

Edited to say "WOW, 'Bob'! That cake is incredible!".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%