What Happened To K8 ?

Business By snarkybaker Updated 28 Jan 2010 , 3:17am by jammjenks

snarkybaker Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:41am
post #1 of 21

Did you guys run her off because she typed "Jilk " one too many times ?

20 replies
LaBellaFlor Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 3:03am
post #2 of 21

She goes by Roccosmom now.

snarkybaker Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 4:01am
post #3 of 21

Thx!

jen1977 Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 21

I wonder why people keep changing their names! It makes it so confusing sometimes. I thought that the posts from Roccosmom sounded like K8 though.

cylstrial Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:03pm
post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

I wonder why people keep changing their names! It makes it so confusing sometimes. I thought that the posts from Roccosmom sounded like K8 though.

I'm with you - a lot of people have been changing their names lately. icon_confused.gif

MikeRowesHunny Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:12pm
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Quote:

I'm with you - a lot of people have been changing their names lately. icon_confused.gif

So? I changed my name because I felt like a change, no rules against that thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Uniqueask Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:25pm
post #7 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRowesHunny

Quote:

Quote:

So? I changed my name because I felt like a change, no rules against that thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

No there isn't, but then we get all mixed up, and confused and don't know who you are. but you have been carring this name for a while. And your Picture is the same.

cylstrial Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:26pm
post #8 of 21

No - there are no rules. And the good thing is you kept your picture the same, so we know you are. It just gets confusing, with all the name switching. But I'm sure that there's a reason that that particular person is switching names. And of course, that's up to them and perfectly fine.

cylstrial Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:28pm
post #9 of 21
Quote:

No - there are no rules. And the good thing is you kept your picture the same, so we know you are. It just gets confusing, with all the name switching. But I'm sure that there's a reason that that particular person is switching names. And of course, that's up to them and perfectly fine.

And I don't mean K8 when I say particular person. I just meant every person who has changed their name when I say particular person. Just wanted to put that out there. icon_smile.gif

Peridot Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 3:23pm
post #10 of 21

My personal feelings are that there are some people's opinions or what they say or contribute are always interesting and valuable and I rely on seeing their name or the same photo (I look for them).

I would miss snarkybaker and LaBella if they changed their names and a few others that I depend on. Changing photos is not so bad because I can adjust but changing the name - well it's like losing a friend. Glad to know what happened to K8.

MikeRowesHunny Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 4:08pm
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot

My personal feelings are that there are some people's opinions or what they say or contribute are always interesting and valuable and I rely on seeing their name or the same photo (I look for them).

I would miss snarkybaker and LaBella if they changed their names and a few others that I depend on. Changing photos is not so bad because I can adjust but changing the name - well it's like losing a friend. Glad to know what happened to K8.

That's a good point, and I have seen people say 'ask Bonjovibabe about xyz', and of course, if they go looking for me, I no longer exist! Luckily I have spotted this a couple of times and have, of course, provided the info they were after. I haven't been MikeRowesHunny for that long though, only 6 months or so, I was Bonjovibabe for about 3 1/2 years!

FullHouse Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 7:04pm
post #12 of 21
Quote:

I had to change my name 4 months ago, I used to be Momof3Boys, but then #4 came along, no choice icon_biggrin.gif . Kept my pic the same though.

TheDomesticDiva Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 7:50pm
post #13 of 21

I used to be LadyDZA. I requested to change my name about 6 months ago and it never changed. Then one day, I came to log in, and I couldnt. It'd finally been changed and I didnt even know it until I had to do a password request. By that time I'd forgotten all about requesting the change. Threw me for a loop!! icon_lol.gif

Deb_ Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 8:31pm
post #14 of 21

I just changed mine from dkelly, because I was tired of being called kelly icon_biggrin.gif but I do have "artist formerly known as dkelly" in my signature line. Of course people know me by my "Red Sox Nation" location.

K8 hasn't posted since December when she changed her name. There was a heated thread going on and Heath got involved and had to delete some posts and then threatened to "ban" any "troublemakers".

Since that day k8 hasn't resurfaced. I hope she's OK, we butt heads constantly about the scratch/box topic, but I do miss her posts.

prterrell Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 8:57pm
post #15 of 21

Yeah, my user name was created before I met and married hubby (which was like 7 years ago), so it's not really accurate anymore. icon_biggrin.gif I never changed it, because I figure it doesn't matter and I know everyone knows me by prterrell. I figure it'd freak everyone out if all of a sudden my little Tinkerbell was topped by something else. Gosh, I don't even know what I'd change it to. Guess I'm boring. icon_lol.gif

Mensch Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 9:00pm
post #16 of 21

i was thinking the other day that I hadn't seen K8 around lately.

thecookieladycc Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 9:47pm
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRowesHunny

I like your name!..........mmmmmmmmmmmmm Mike Rowe is so yummy!

thecookieladycc Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 9:50pm
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

i was thinking the other day that I hadn't seen K8 around lately.

Speaking of profile pict too.... my daughter thinks that your profile pict is of me. There are a lot of similarities! But maybe its just me.

leah_s Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 12:25am
post #19 of 21

"Cake Central Poster Protection Program"

JanH Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 12:29am
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

"Cake Central Poster Protection Program"

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

(I do so enjoy a great play on words.) judge.gif

Although in this case, it would appear that she's been "outed." tapedshut.gif

jammjenks Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 3:17am
post #21 of 21

My kids will be grown years from now and I'll probably still have the cornfield picture avatar. icon_lol.gif Maybe I'll up date it this summer when the fields are full.

I just get something the way I like it and never change it. All the furniture is in the same spot it was 9 years ago. How boring is that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%