Best Fondant Recipe-Easy To Use/tastes Good, Is There One?

Baking By my2rys Updated 27 Jan 2010 , 3:47am by catlharper

my2rys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
my2rys Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 1:57am
post #1 of 3

I have bit off more than I can chew - my sister thinks I can do my nieces wedding cake - I do have till September but I need to practice. She wants calla lillies, ribbons, pearls and swags - three tiers. I have read many posts and feel okay but I am uneasy about the fondant - Wilton fondant tastes awful, and I have used a recipe from cc before it tasted better but was difficult to work with. I appreciate all the help.....

2 replies
creatingcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creatingcakes Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:13am
post #2 of 3

I just made Michelle Fosters Fondant for the first time, it tastes great and works well! I am very used to Satin Ice and was very pleased that it was as easy to work with as what I am used to!

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 3:47am
post #3 of 3

MMF recipe here has 4 ingrediants...16oz marshmallows, 2TBS water, 1tsp flavoring (like clear vanilla), and 2 cups powdered sugar. The recipe on here is easy to follow and the outcome you want to get is like a good pizza or bread dough...soft but not cracking. Then smooth it with some crisco, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for a day. When you take it out microwave it for about 15 seconds or so to soften it up and then roll it out on either sifted powdered sugar or on a thin smear of crisco (my choice). Play with it for a few cakes so you can get the feel of it before trying to use it for anything as important as a wedding cake. If you have any problems they are usually solved with either more powdered sugar or more crisco (sticky=powdered sugar needed, cracking=crisco needed) and there are lots of people here who can help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%