Hi, Does anyone has a Tutorial on making a Babseball Cap? I would like to learn. Thanks for looking and your responds...
I e-mailed you the instructions that was sent to me when I made mine. Hope it helps.
Thanks alot... I got it... I appreciate it.Have a Good one.
Making a baseball cake for my boss's 50th and would love those baseball cap instructions!!
dmax422, PM'd them to you. Good Luck
Can I have the instructions too?!?!?!?
tracyhermann, just PM'd it to you. Good Luck
Can I please get them too! Would love to make this for hubby's b-day!
Baseball Cap Instructions
The hat shape I made with one half of the Wilton ball cake pans and I set that on top of a 6" round cake, so you end up with a half a sphere.
- I cut a few small divots out of the cake to make it look a little more real and not too rounded, and covered the whole cake with fondant.
- I then divided the cake into 8 sections. I first did this using a piece of floss so that I could get some light lines to trace and then I went over those lines with a gum paste tool to make them deeper but not cutting through the fondant. Then on either side of the lines, to make a seam I used the gum paste wheel tool that has teeth on it so that it looked like stitching.
- I made the bill of the hat using a piece of flexible plastic, like the front of a spiral bound notebook so something flexible like that. I actually used the clear plastic packaging that covered the fondant tools from Wilton that I bought. I cut it to the shape that I wanted and pushed it into the cake where it would be in the final piece. I then took it out and covered it with fondant leaving a 1" strip without fondant on the back so that could go back into the cake. I used that same wheel tool with teeth to make the stitch detail on the bill of the hat as well.
- This is where I ran into some trouble. You need to come up with some way to get the bill back into the slot you made before without messing it up. I could not figure out how to get it to dry in the shape I needed it to be in without putting it in the cake. So I pushed it in a tried to repair the marks that I made.
- Make and attach the logo and you are done.
I had a hat sitting next to me while I did it so I could refer to it. It was the first one I made and actually I thought it was pretty easy, the bill was the most difficult part for me.
would you mind helping out one more lost decorator?
Alene, how did you make the gold logo/stamp that is on the brim of the hat?