Odd Cake

Decorating By mandirombold Updated 27 Jan 2010 , 5:11am by prterrell

mandirombold Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 3:11am
post #1 of 6

I have a client who let her 5 yr old son tell her what he wanted to have his cake look like. well needless to say he wants Thomas the train on top, starwars and indiana jones. It only going to be 2 tiers, how in the world am I going to mix these themes with out making a cake into a monstrousity.

5 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 3:24am
post #2 of 6

He's probably thinking of the cakes with plastic figures stuck on them and figuring if he picks three kinds, he'll get more toys off his cake than otherwise icon_biggrin.gif

JanJess Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 3:54am
post #3 of 6

What if you did the 2 tiers round possibly, and had a Thomas the Train border on the board and something Indiana Jones in the middle and Star Wars figure on the top??? Kids do love those figurines. HTH

Odyssey Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 5:07am
post #4 of 6

Well I had a picture pop into my head of Thomas molded as a topper with the top of the cake as a railway and gravel which blends down the side of the top tier which would be a black starlit sky with an x-wing fighter and deathstar and blend down from starry sky to blue sky forest or dungeon wall color for the Indianna Jones scene. The kid is probably most familiar with the Crystal skull movie though, which I know nothing about.

Depends really how much work you want to put in.
The other option is call mom and let her know if you really think the cake will look too crowded, or not well blended.

Good Luck!

prterrell Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 5:10am
post #5 of 6

Indian Jones fighting Darth Vader while riding Thomas?

prterrell Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 5:11am
post #6 of 6

Good luck getting copyright permission for all of those!

Quote by @%username% on %date%