Full Sheet Cake?

Decorating By Sweet_Treatz Updated 26 Jan 2010 , 1:51am by milkmaid42

Sweet_Treatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treatz Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 12:57am
post #1 of 6

I have an order for a full sheet of cake and this is my first cake this large.
If someone can please tell me which pan is a full size and what size board and box will i need?

thank you

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 1:24am
post #2 of 6

A full sheet can be anything from a 7x11 to 14x22 in your customer's mind. No way to know what the customer is thinking or needs without asking how many servings are required.

Additionally, you should decide if you're going to offer single or double layer sheets cakes... A 2x2x2 serving is equal to a 1x2x4. icon_smile.gif

Costco offers a single layer sheet cake that is filled, but I think Sam's single layer sheetcakes aren't filled - they only have frosting. (Not that that's what you have to offer, but it is something that a lot of customers are used to.)

Link to Wilton's cake servings/preparations charts so that you can decide what size layer/s you need based on servings purchased:

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/

HTH

Sweet_Treatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treatz Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 1:36am
post #3 of 6

i need to feed 95-100 people.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 1:39am
post #4 of 6

Well, when you decide if you want a single or double layer sheet cake, you can use the link to the charts listed and pick an appropriately sized sheet cake. icon_smile.gif

HTH

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 1:45am
post #5 of 6

In the biz a full sheet = 18 X 24.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 1:51am
post #6 of 6

I had a couple of orders for full sheet cakes and I, too, wondered how to box them. I went in to Walmart's bakery to see if I could purchase a box from them and they gave me two, free, since they didn't have a SKU # for them. (I really don't think this is an approved policy, but it certainly was appreciated!)

In anticipation of a future order, I made the same inquiry at Sam's Club in St. Louis. I was fully prepared to pay for them and they, too, gave me five. I haven't had an order for a full sheet since, but it is nice knowing I have some on hand.

I guess the moral is: It doesn't hurt to ask. You can only be told no. (I don't want to abuse the gift, so don't know what I will do when/if I use these up.) icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%