Multiple Polka Dot Maker?

Decorating By joy5678 Updated 2 Feb 2010 , 12:14am by joy5678

joy5678 Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 12:52am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know where to find a multiple polka dot cut outs or something? I don't like making them one at a time soooo....I made some cutouts myself but would like to purchase some if I can find them. I can cut out 6 at a time in a small & medium dot. Any ideas?

5 replies
SassyStacey Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 2:42am
post #2 of 6

Hi Joy, How have you made your multiple polka dot cutter? I am about to do a polka dot cake and was going to do it the slow way, but if there is a shortcut I will take it!

joy5678 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 6

To make the small ones I purchased a water color paint set, the ones with round, plastic, connected containers for the paint. I removed the paints, cleaned the containers, then cut the lids off. Next I cut a circle out of the bottom portion of each container large enough to use a tool to get the dot out if it sticks (so far no sticking). There are usually 6 containers connected to each other, so I turn them upside down & to cut the fondant out. Just like using a flower cutter. They work great. I have glued 2 rows of 6 together with my glue gun to see how well it will cut 12 dots out at one time. For larger dots...I purchased a pkg. of 6 plastic tea light containers that are supposed to be used to make candles. They are in the candle making section at craft store & come with the wicks. Just glued them all together making sure to leave alittle space between them and (as Edna says--TaDa!) Turn the open end down onto the fondant & there you go! Hope this is clear enough and it works for you. Very inexpensive and works great. icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 6

If yu have a cricut machine you could make a lot at one time.

SassyStacey Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 8:34am
post #5 of 6

Thanks Joy! Will give that a go!

joy5678 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 12:14am
post #6 of 6

You're welcome. If you think of any ways to improve it or come up with any other ideas, please let me know. Have fun! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%