Happy Australia Day Fellow Aussies!!

Lounge By ApplegumKitchen Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 2:22pm by Bluehue

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 14

yeah yeah... we KNOW..... NO big turkeys! NO trying to make it home through a blizzard! NO captivating speeches from the bloke at the top....

BUT... it's OUR day to celebrate all that is Australian!! hehehehe

(this one's for you Jaime!)

PLANET CAKE MADHATTER'S

icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

13 replies
_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 4:28am
post #2 of 14

Ha! Love it!

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 4:54am
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplegumKitchen

(this one's for you Jaime!)

PLANET CAKE MADHATTER'S

icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Huh?

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 4:56am
post #4 of 14

Planet Cake offers these incredible courses that teach you how to make a madhatter, Planet Cake style, who make the most awesome ones on earth. Hopefully, if all goes well, I am taking the trip there in June to attend! Once in a lifetime opportunity! icon_smile.gif

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:03am
post #5 of 14

Hell yeah! Just a good ol' Aussie BBQ, drinks with mates, sweltering in the heat listening to Triple J Hottest 100 and finishing it all off with a swim! I find myself getting more patriotic the older I get!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:04am
post #6 of 14

So how do Aussie's celebrate Australia Day?

I assume you don't all drink fosters and barbecue?

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:21am
post #7 of 14

Most of us have a BBQ with friends. My Mum went to the supermarket at 7:00 last night and there wasn't a breadroll in sight!

Not many Aussies drink Fosters. The two most popular beers are XXXX and VB but I don't like beer. Give me Champers, Wine or a Cruiser! I have a lot of friends who love Bundy Rum too.

Also, a huge number of people find their way either to the beach or a park .... preferably the beach!

Or if you have a pool, you're in and out of that all day! If you don't, there are a LOT of people who blow up a kiddie pool and have some drinks in there!!!

If you want to see some live photos of Aussie parties today, go to
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100/09/default.htm . Every year Triple J pust on the hottest 100 which are the hottest 100 songs as voted by listeners. Triple J is a bit offbeat and probably appeals mostly to 20 - 35 year olds

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:46am
post #8 of 14

Ridiculous temperatures here today. We took the baby out the back and hosed her! Her first taste of patriotism.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:54am
post #9 of 14

I'm not a beer drinker, either. I loves me some wine, though! Y'all are producing some excellent vino that we are fortunate to be getting here in the States.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 1:18pm
post #10 of 14

Bit late i know - but sat at a very suitable table at a very suitable restuarant along the Swan River in Perth and watched the Sky Show - whilst sipping something very suitable - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Have been *caking* for 10 days non stop - so i deserved to sit, sip and see the skyshow. icon_wink.gif

Bluehue.

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 2:24am
post #11 of 14

XXXXX? lol, toohies and caronas more like... haha.. you can tell im not a beer drinker either..

well; i spent the day watching dr. phil and ready steady cook while my monkey had a nap, then went to the beach with friends and had fish and chips. =) was beautiful weather tho.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 1:13am
post #12 of 14

aw didn't see this thread until now lol Well we had 'shrimps on the barbie' and i was wearing a giant australian flag sumbero hat all day on australia day lol

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 3:15am
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

So how do Aussie's celebrate Australia Day?

I assume you don't all drink fosters and barbecue?

first thing, we keep the fosters for the tourist because its such bad beer icon_smile.gif

we went scuba diving, had a bbq by the beach with some dive buddies and then home for some fresh seafood

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 2:22pm
post #14 of 14

[quote="Mrs-A
first thing, we keep the fosters for the tourist because its such bad beer icon_smile.gif

LOL - i do not know of any Australian who drinks it - only our pommy friends icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Bluehue[/b:a266d0c951]
[/quote]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%