Happy Australia Day Fellow Aussies!!

Lounge By ApplegumKitchen Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 2:22pm by Bluehue

ApplegumKitchen Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 14

yeah yeah... we KNOW..... NO big turkeys! NO trying to make it home through a blizzard! NO captivating speeches from the bloke at the top....

BUT... it's OUR day to celebrate all that is Australian!! hehehehe

(this one's for you Jaime!)

PLANET CAKE MADHATTER'S

icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

13 replies
_Jamie_ Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 4:28am
post #2 of 14

Ha! Love it!

mcaulir Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 4:54am
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplegumKitchen

(this one's for you Jaime!)

PLANET CAKE MADHATTER'S

icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Huh?

_Jamie_ Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 4:56am
post #4 of 14

Planet Cake offers these incredible courses that teach you how to make a madhatter, Planet Cake style, who make the most awesome ones on earth. Hopefully, if all goes well, I am taking the trip there in June to attend! Once in a lifetime opportunity! icon_smile.gif

Melnick Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:03am
post #5 of 14

Hell yeah! Just a good ol' Aussie BBQ, drinks with mates, sweltering in the heat listening to Triple J Hottest 100 and finishing it all off with a swim! I find myself getting more patriotic the older I get!

prterrell Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:04am
post #6 of 14

So how do Aussie's celebrate Australia Day?

I assume you don't all drink fosters and barbecue?

Melnick Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:21am
post #7 of 14

Most of us have a BBQ with friends. My Mum went to the supermarket at 7:00 last night and there wasn't a breadroll in sight!

Not many Aussies drink Fosters. The two most popular beers are XXXX and VB but I don't like beer. Give me Champers, Wine or a Cruiser! I have a lot of friends who love Bundy Rum too.

Also, a huge number of people find their way either to the beach or a park .... preferably the beach!

Or if you have a pool, you're in and out of that all day! If you don't, there are a LOT of people who blow up a kiddie pool and have some drinks in there!!!

If you want to see some live photos of Aussie parties today, go to
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100/09/default.htm . Every year Triple J pust on the hottest 100 which are the hottest 100 songs as voted by listeners. Triple J is a bit offbeat and probably appeals mostly to 20 - 35 year olds

mcaulir Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:46am
post #8 of 14

Ridiculous temperatures here today. We took the baby out the back and hosed her! Her first taste of patriotism.

prterrell Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:54am
post #9 of 14

I'm not a beer drinker, either. I loves me some wine, though! Y'all are producing some excellent vino that we are fortunate to be getting here in the States.

Bluehue Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 1:18pm
post #10 of 14

Bit late i know - but sat at a very suitable table at a very suitable restuarant along the Swan River in Perth and watched the Sky Show - whilst sipping something very suitable - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Have been *caking* for 10 days non stop - so i deserved to sit, sip and see the skyshow. icon_wink.gif

Bluehue.

noahsmummy Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 2:24am
post #11 of 14

XXXXX? lol, toohies and caronas more like... haha.. you can tell im not a beer drinker either..

well; i spent the day watching dr. phil and ready steady cook while my monkey had a nap, then went to the beach with friends and had fish and chips. =) was beautiful weather tho.

Elise87 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 1:13am
post #12 of 14

aw didn't see this thread until now lol Well we had 'shrimps on the barbie' and i was wearing a giant australian flag sumbero hat all day on australia day lol

Mrs-A Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 3:15am
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

So how do Aussie's celebrate Australia Day?

I assume you don't all drink fosters and barbecue?

first thing, we keep the fosters for the tourist because its such bad beer icon_smile.gif

we went scuba diving, had a bbq by the beach with some dive buddies and then home for some fresh seafood

Bluehue Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 2:22pm
post #14 of 14

[quote="Mrs-A
first thing, we keep the fosters for the tourist because its such bad beer icon_smile.gif

[b:a266d0c951]LOL - i do not know of any Australian who drinks it - only our pommy friends icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Bluehue[/b:a266d0c951]
[/quote]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%