Favorite Brand Turntable?

Decorating By KateLS Updated 26 Jan 2010 , 2:52am by KateLS

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 7

I'm almost sure I've seen this thread, but I can find it. Sorry! Maybe Jan can direct me? =)

But I was wondering what turntable you prefer. I have a the Wilton's Ultra Turntable...it got pretty good reviews, but mine is AWFUL! It squeaks or maybe a loud blowhorn is the correct sound, and I can't get it to free turn more than a quarter way around, so no hope on smooth sides. SO frustrating. So I thought it's time to invest in a good metal turntable.

Thank you! Thank you!

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 7

I have a heavy duty stainless steel rectangular turntable from Ateco..It had ball bearings so it turns really nice.I paid about $80.00 US for it about 5 years ago.I see they have gone up to nearly $100.00..I love it..It can bear the weight of a heavy cake whether a slab or tiered.

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 7

I have the Wilton metal turntable, and must say that it's only so-so. It is heavy, and sturdy, but feels like its on somewhat of an angle. Maybe 1% grade. I don't care for that - I wish it was 100% flat.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 7

I have a fat daddios professional turn table. Its very heavy and turns like a dream

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:28pm
post #5 of 7

I love the Ateco turntable. It was on sale one time at Amazon. I believe it was 2 for 40 or 50 (no kidding).

Anyways, I actually like the Green Wilton turntable for the price. I still use it a lot.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:37pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

I have a fat daddios professional turn table. Its very heavy and turns like a dream

I have the same one and I love it! I also have the wilton heavy duty one and it's a piece of cr@p. Wobbles and doesn't turn smooth, a real waste of money.

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 2:52am
post #7 of 7

Thank you all! =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%