I'm At A Loss...design For Emo?! Help! Please!!

Decorating By Beckup Updated 25 Jan 2010 , 11:19pm by cownsj

Beckup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckup Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 12

My good friend ask me to make a cake for her daughter that is turning 16. At first I was excited, Thinking "Sweet Sixteen" I can do that no prob! Then she tells me her daughter is EMO....whatever that really means, I'm not sure. Also, She is into anime, World of Warcraft, computers, cellphones, & music. The colors she likes are Black, royal blue, red, & white!

Any help from all you wonderful CC'ers would greatly be appreciated!

11 replies
deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 12

I would call her back and ask her what EMO means. I sure don't know.
Good luck
Jeanne

Thiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thiara Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 12

heheh "EMO" is used to describe an angsty teenager or those that dress like goths..
so in regards to a cake i would do lots of blacks and white... silver... just a dark cake all around.. nothing happy, sparkly or pink.

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 12

Check out "hot topic" in the mall.... a few minutes in that store and you should have a pretty good idea of what kind of designs might work!

overindulged Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
overindulged Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 12

this cake comes to mind...

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 12

Thiara is right, "Emo" is pretty much what we used to call goth when we were in high school except that the boys look more like the girls now.

If you've seen the movie Corpse Bride that would be a good starting point...maybe a royal blue topsy turvy with butterflies down the side and some black detail on the cake.

My sister did the whole emo thing but I didn't cater to it icon_biggrin.gif She just got regular birthday cakes from me during those years and she still liked them (although one year she let us all sing happy birthday to her and then took the cake down to her room to eat because she didn't want to celebrate with people who didn't understand her icon_razz.gif)

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:43pm
post #7 of 12

If you Google "Emo," you can view Emo images. You'll likely get some inspiration there.

Beckup Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 9:52pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks, I've been looking online. I'll check out the mall next. icon_confused.gif

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 10:03pm
post #9 of 12

"Emo" is short for emotional. icon_wink.gif But yes..they are generally goth, like lots of black. The anime thing could be pretty fun. Do a couple of anime faces around a 2 tier cake, accent with a cell phone, music notes, something like that. Could be cute...in spite of the whole emo thing! icon_wink.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 10:31pm
post #10 of 12

Emo is goth in tight pants with more crying lol

Beckup Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 10:54pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengyrl26

"Emo" is short for emotional. icon_wink.gif But yes..they are generally goth, like lots of black. The anime thing could be pretty fun. Do a couple of anime faces around a 2 tier cake, accent with a cell phone, music notes, something like that. Could be cute...in spite of the whole emo thing! icon_wink.gif

So, if I ice it in white fondant with lots of black, red, & a little blue accents, then add the other items it won't be too dark. That is one thing her mom didn't want.....A totally black iced cake. It's not due until Feb 13. That gives me some time to play around with it. Thanks.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 11:19pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by my_squared

this cake comes to mind...

Very cool cake. It's bright, yet fit the theme beautifully.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%