Can Sleeve Fillings Be Blended With Bc Successfully?

Baking By sugarMomma Updated 25 Jan 2010 , 8:18pm by sugarMomma

sugarMomma Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 9

I want to make a strawberry cream type filling using a sleeve filling, which type of BC would be best and when is it added in? I use SMBC as well as PS based BC, or would a cream cheese icing work?

I tried mixing raspberry filling with SMBC but it gave it a strange consistency, but it was leftover week old SMBC so maybe it was the time or way in which I blended it.

8 replies
Loucinda Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 9

I know it can be mixed with regular buttercream, but not sure about the IMBC - that isn't one I regularly use. _Jamie_ or snarkybaker both use that kind of icing, if one of them doesn't chime in, you could pm them.

sugarMomma Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks for the tip. What proportion of sleeve filling to BC would you use?

Loucinda Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 9

You can do it to taste pretty much with regular buttercream - just start out with a smaller amount and add to it, I don't measure, so I am not much help there.

tinygoose Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 5:37pm
post #5 of 9

I just made a cake (choc) with raspberry/buttercream filling it came out perfect. I used Colette Peters SMBC, and seedless raspberry jam. She wanted a strong raspberry flavor so I used about 7-8oz of jam to...I don't know about 3- 4 cups of SMBC. It was strong, but the consistency was great.

ilucy Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 5:38pm
post #6 of 9

I have done it with buttercream and everybody like it.

icer101 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 5:44pm
post #7 of 9

i have used raspberry filling from a sleeve and from the grocery store...with imbc.. and american buttercream. it does great..

sugarMomma Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:18pm
post #8 of 9

So if I mix it with SMBC should I fold it in after the icing is done whipping, or should I add it right after incorporating the butter into the meringue?

Martha Stewart has a recipe using strawberry preserves but adds it right after the butter. Makes me nervous to do this before the "curdled" stage, just because I have only made SMBC a few times.

sugarMomma Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:18pm
post #9 of 9

So if I mix it with SMBC should I fold it in after the icing is done whipping, or should I add it right after incorporating the butter into the meringue?

Martha Stewart has a recipe using strawberry preserves but adds it right after the butter. Makes me nervous to do this before the "curdled" stage, just because I have only made SMBC a few times.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%