Need Tips For Networking With Photagraphers

Business By sugarspice Updated 25 Jan 2010 , 1:06am by indydebi

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 3

I am an out-of-the-home (legal) baker. I would like to increase sales with referrals/recommendations from a photographer(s). I am thinking of taking in a cake for the studio owner and asking if I could put out business cards/cake samples at their studio, for maybe 10% of sales that are generated by that exposure.

Any tips from those who have done this? Is it worthwhile? Is there a better way to approach it? I am not able to make connections via a bridal fair right now. Thanks for your thoughts!

2 replies
brookerene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brookerene Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 3

I am a wedding photographer who works from home. One thing I would suggest is for you to ask the photographer for photos of your cakes with their logos on it that you can display them at your business. Trade services so to speak. You can display your cakes with them and in turn you can display their photography. It sure can't hurt to ask. icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:06am
post #3 of 3

Most (all) photographers that I ever worked with were super-OK with me posting pics they took of my cakes on my website if I credited their company as the phtoographer. This also helps when people are searching. If someone searches for XYZ Photography, your site will pop up also.

The wedding vendors I worked with didn't want a cash referral payment. They were all ok with "I'll refer you if you refer me" type of thing. It's very important that you tell the brides "Tell them Debi sent you" so the other vendors know you are sending them business.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%