Cheese Cake Wedding Cake??...is It Even Possible??

Decorating By elliespartycake Updated 25 Jan 2010 , 7:56am by prterrell

elliespartycake Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 9:30pm
post #1 of 9

I have a request from a bride who would like a 3 tier wedding cake and she would like it to be cheesecake. Is this even possible?? icon_confused.gif
Any insight or experience with this would be most helpful.
Thanks

8 replies
brincess_b Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 9

http://www.englishcheesecake.com/weddings

id do something like that site
but fondant on a cheese cake, i dont see working! maybe something a bit fancier could be piped on, but id encourage the fruit/ chocolate approach.
xx

dsilbern Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 9

Maybe one of those cake stands that hold each tier separately? I'm no expert on stacking but I'd be afraid to stack cheesecakes directly.

Lalady Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 9:46pm
post #4 of 9

I've attached a picture of my cousin's wedding cake. Not sure how it was done, but it was all cheesecake. Maybe a visual will help.
LL

bashini Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 9:50pm
post #5 of 9

Hi, you need to show a photo from that site and ask your bride whether that is what she wants. Because there is cheese cake wedding cakes. Which they put cheese cake in between a cake. I got a recipe from one of CC members which was from Toba Garretts book. I have one of her books, but I need to check whether that recipe is in there. icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 9:50pm
post #6 of 9

Just make sure the venue can refrigerate the cheesecakes until right before they are served. They can not be sitting out on display like a regular cake.

There's a reason that the cheesecake is cold when you get it for dessert in a restaurant. icon_smile.gif

elliespartycake Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 12:36am
post #7 of 9

Thanks everyone...very helpful. Clearly a cheesecake does not lend itself to a traditionally stacked tiered cake. But maybe seperate tieres on a stand...hmmm icon_cool.gif

Lalady Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 4:00am
post #8 of 9

The cheesecake was very thick and frosted in a whipped icing, not buttercream then decorated.

prterrell Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 7:56am
post #9 of 9

Well, for one thing, if you inserted dowels into the cakes, they'd crack, wouldn't they? I'd say separate stands or floating tiers are a must for cheesecake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%