Have You Seen The Million Dollar Cake

Decorating By Smallfrye Updated 31 Jan 2010 , 2:28pm by cakesweetiecake

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:32am
post #31 of 47

Good on you Libby...and well done on getting global publicity!

I think you did a great job - I personally hate working with styrofoam for models, but it sure would've been interesting working with that many diamonds icon_wink.gif

Did you "accidentally" drop any into your apron packet? LOL...just kidding icon_smile.gif

m1m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m1m Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:36am
post #32 of 47

Beautiful cake!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:45am
post #33 of 47

Ok, I'm a diamond addict, so this is RIGHT up my alley. Love it!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:46am
post #34 of 47

Wow gorgeous. Am I reading correctly? You live in the UK but the cake was for the Dallas show? Did you make the cake in the UK or the states?

Smallfrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smallfrye Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:48am
post #35 of 47

Our news said something about it being auctioned off.. Is that true??? They did not give any details just kinda mentioned it in between stories. So I was just wondering. I like the differnt shapes in the "cake" and I can see what a pain working the styrofoam in to those shapes would be. Great job. Thanks for getting some GOOD cake publicity.

libs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
libs Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 2:05am
post #36 of 47

thanks for the compliments.... I do come from the uk originally, but thought that I had updated my profile, I have been in Dallas tx for nearly 2 years now, i moved here because i married a lovely texan.

It didnt not get auctioned off, it was just for an exhibition here in tx and i am very suprised that it has got the attention that it did icon_surprised.gif, I am glad that it is all over now because it was one big head ache.... thumbs_up.gif

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 2:29am
post #37 of 47

It's gorgeous! I love it!

Thank you for posting the in-progress photos too!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 2:54am
post #38 of 47

Beautiful! I think it was elegant with or without the diamonds! And as far as being "simple" those can be so hard to get looking perfect! There isn't a lot to hide mistakes behind so you have to have some skill!

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 3:27am
post #39 of 47

Libs ~ beautiful cake, thanks for sharing with us. Your photos of all of your cakes are awesome. I think the Dr. Suess cake is my favorite.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:45pm
post #40 of 47

Beautiful and flawless work. Of course, I love the bling, but love the cake without it as well. It is sooo difficult to get fondant and hand painted details perfect, I am really impressed. Thanks for sharing & congrats.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:51pm
post #41 of 47

libs, I lobe the shapes you created for this cake. It's gorgeous even before you started adding the jewels!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 3:52pm
post #42 of 47

So I was right, I did find that cake here on CC!! icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1565709

Congrats Libs!!! It's gorgeous!!! thumbs_up.gif

awela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awela Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 3:53am
post #43 of 47

Wow, it's out of this world! Very creative! Congratulations!! However, what's the purpose of a million dollar in diamonds? Wouldn't it be too risky even for a person who can afford it? I am just a little curious.

JanJess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanJess Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 4:32am
post #44 of 47

Can someone call my husband and tell him that's what I want for our 25th Anniversary in October??? icon_lol.gif

Beautiful Libs!!!

libs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
libs Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 8:17pm
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by libs

Hi there My name is Libby and I work at delicious cakes in southlake and I was the one who worked on the million dollar cake. It was for the Dallas bridal show here in dallas and i have pictures that i will post for you all to see how it progressed, if you have questions feel free to ask. But i will tell you a little bit now, the cake was made out of styrofoam, it was hand made so lots of cutting and sanding, the largest tier is 20" and the smallest 4", it did have real diamonds on it, the jewelery consisted of ear rings, bracelets, necklaces and rings as well as loose diamonds that i put on using tweezers. It came to over a million dollars worth with about 12 hundred carrots in total, and it took me about 38 hours from start to finish ...the scroll work is hand painted onto the fondant, erm thats about iit really, any more you wish to know just ask.... icon_wink.gif

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 6:28am
post #46 of 47

Gorgeous and stunning. What an opportunity. Maybe if I won the powerball lotto my husband and I can order this cake for our 10th anniversary. (Just kidding

I am so happy for you and your staff.

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 2:28pm
post #47 of 47

I saw that cake a couple of weeks ago on our local news. I loved the shapes!! Very beautiful cake!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%