Can You Freeze Wasc Batter?

Baking By mannjc Updated 7 Apr 2010 , 9:46pm by motherofgrace

mannjc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mannjc Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 1:51am
post #1 of 9

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but can't seem to find a post on it...hope someone can shed some light on freezing batter icon_smile.gif Thanks

8 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 2:16am
post #2 of 9

Yes, you can. icon_smile.gif

mannjc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mannjc Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 2:43am
post #3 of 9

thanks icon_smile.gif

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 3:02am
post #4 of 9

I have frozen this batter before. I had some left over and used it 2wks after I froze it and it came out fine.

sheilabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilabelle Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:05pm
post #5 of 9

What is the process you use when freezing the batter? Place in plastic zipper bag, freeze, when ready to use thaw completely (on the counter or fridge), place in pan and bake?

something_sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
something_sweet Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:29pm
post #6 of 9

I use the empty sour cream containers, washed of course, to store my extra batter in and freeze. Then to thaw I either put it in the fridge or leave it sit on the counter for about an hour. I do this all the time, it works out really great!

jodilee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jodilee Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks for the info. I was wondering the same thing!! Freezing the batter in one container will take up much less space than baking cakes/cupcakes and storing them.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 9:32pm
post #8 of 9

Perfect!!! Now I won't be stuck with 6" cakes that I wind up feeding to my family just to get rid of extra batter. I won't tell DH & kids that I found out about freezing batter here or they might disable my computer - they won't be excited about this like I am icon_smile.gif.

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 9:46pm
post #9 of 9

I actually line a cake pan with plastic wrap, then pour the batter in, so when i want it it fits right into the pan!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%