'perfect Pear' Twins Cake-Ideas Please!

Decorating By babyhugs Updated 25 Jan 2010 , 1:32am by jammjenks

babyhugs Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 12:24am
post #1 of 10

Someone asked for a set of pear shaped cakes with the stems intwined for their twins 1st birthday, please help me think of a different idea! The theme is "The perfect pear' so I need to use the pear part but really don't know how to do the pears for a 1st birthday party. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!!!

9 replies
Kitagrl Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 12:57am
post #2 of 10

Seems like you could do a cute two tiered cake with stripes and/or dots in ivory, green, brown or ivory, pink, green, brown (girls or boys?)...and then make two cute pears out of gumpaste with the intertwined stems for the top? Maybe even make each pear have a cutsie little blushing face.

Did they really want the cake to be pears though? Or was that just a suggestion?

kakeladi Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 1:19am
post #3 of 10

Oh I really like Kitagrl's suggestion. It keeps the theme they suggestyed yet is different.

cownsj Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 3:09am
post #5 of 10

How about a tree. Debbie Brown has an adorable tree in one of her books. Off one of the branches hang the two pears, but have the tree trunk itself be the cake.

Here is Debbie Brown's cake, from her book Enchanted Cakes: http://www.debbiebrownscakes.co.uk/enchanted_cakes/pages/Enchanted%20tree_jpg.htm

Renaejrk Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 3:35am
post #6 of 10

Or two 3d pears with fondant stems that intertwine!

prterrell Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 5:51am
post #7 of 10

Honestly, I think the idea requested by the client is what you should do. It sounds cute. It's not like the kids care wha their cake looks like at that age, anyway, they don't have a clue what's going on.

babyhugs Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 1:28pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks everyone!! You've given me alot to think about. I believe I will call the new mom (she's a friend of my daugthers) and throw a few ideas out there. If she really wants the original idea I'll go with it. I think she just has no idea what might work, kinda like me icon_redface.gif
And Jammjenks-I love the colors link, saved that one icon_biggrin.gif

jojo76 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 10:45pm
post #9 of 10

Debbie brown also has some fruit fairies (in the same book asthe tree cake mentioned earlier!). They are quite cute, you could do baby pear ones, or babies in pear suits! (is that weird? lol, as I typed it sounded a bit weird...)

jammjenks Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:32am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyhugs

Thanks everyone!! You've given me alot to think about. I believe I will call the new mom (she's a friend of my daugthers) and throw a few ideas out there. If she really wants the original idea I'll go with it. I think she just has no idea what might work, kinda like me icon_redface.gif
And Jammjenks-I love the colors link, saved that one icon_biggrin.gif

Someone on here suggested it one day in a thread and I bookmarked it. It is a really neat site for color combos, which I struggle with sometimes. Glad to pass on the info. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%