Gumpaste Figures: Recommended Books?

Decorating By Elise87 Updated 25 Jan 2010 , 12:03am by Elise87

Elise87 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 10

Was thinking of buying some cake books and was wondering if someone can recommend some cake books that have quite a few gumpaste figurines in them with just some simple how to's with like a picture to make them? I already have one of debbie browns cake book which has a assortment of little figures as well which i like flipping through so something like that i guess, no partiulcar kind in mind

9 replies
ninatat Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 12:51am
post #2 of 10

If you go to u-tube under fondant or gum paste figure's you will find a lot of them

Elise87 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 1:00am
post #3 of 10

Yeh have seen a few youtube things but they are kinna limited with different types of things, am just looking for more inspiration maybe some books would have

tatorchip Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 1:59am
post #4 of 10

try the craft stores and look in the clay section and they have great figure books just use fondant/gumpaste instead of clay but you get all the detailed directions in them HTH

Elise87 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 2:26am
post #5 of 10

oh ok might have a peek at them next time i'm in a craft store icon_smile.gif

Elise87 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 5:28am
post #6 of 10

Tator: went to 2 craft stores close by today but they didn't have any books like you mentioned. I looked at the bookshops online to see what they had but the only ones i saw were mainly how to make like a few really lifelike people out of clay which isn't really what i was looking for icon_sad.gif

Looking for more other random cute little figurines but anyhoo doesn't matter if i can't find what i am looking for cose CC has probly more pics than books to give me ideas and things to work off lol

FullHouse Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 2:40pm
post #7 of 10

I found The Sculpey Way with Polymer Clay at Michaels last month. I had flipped through it and they have really cute cartoonish looking figures (fireman comes to mind), it was $15USD. I really wish I had brought it then, but was hoping to find it at Borders so I can use a coupon (no luck). I'm planning to go back and purchase it.

cookiemama2 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 2:53pm
post #8 of 10

Try the library. I've had a clay figures book for my daughter (sorry can't remember the name ). Atleast if you don't like the book you didn't buy it.

BlakesCakes Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 11:17pm
post #9 of 10

Any of the books by Maisie Parrish or Debbie Brown are wonderful inspirations. You find them online.

Rae

Elise87 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 12:03am
post #10 of 10

Yeh i was thinking unless it's a really good book i would buy them otherwise i just borrow ones from the library to flip though lol

I'll have another look at the clay books....didn't think about looking up the clay books at the library! duh lol

I do have 2 of debbie browns books that someone gave me that i think are so cute! but i havn't heard of Maisie Parrish so i'll go look at her books too.

Anyhoo i'll go look up all those books, thank's guys!

P.S there are so many cake decorating books to choose from! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%