My Cakes Are As Adhd As I Am.

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 26 Jan 2010 , 4:01pm by TitiaM

emiyeric Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 11

After changing my current cake three times so far, I've come to the following conclusion. My cakes are definitely as ADHD as I am.

I am not only referring to my style of cakes (which, save for the same two-tiered shape in several of them due to convenience and servings, are kind of all over the place in their types and themes. I don't think I have an actual "look", or signature). icon_confused.gif I am also referring to how my cakes evolve from the original plan, to what they actually look like when I'm done. Clearly, I don't sell my cakes and so I don't commit to a design with a client ... hats off to all of you who can actually do this! I change my mind regarding each design more often than I change my socks, and my end result is never what I originally envisioned (except maybe for my Grinch cake, and that was one of the very first I ever posted!).

I couldn't be more ADHD if - OH! I LOVE WAFFLES! - if I tried. icon_wink.gif

10 replies
Renaejrk Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 11

hahahahahahahah!!! That's so funny!

superstar Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 11

I wouldn't worry about it! Your cakes are lovely & your work is really good.

prterrell Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 11

hey, emiyeric, oooh shiney.....

Donnabugg Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 11

Your cakes are beautiful and your pictures are stunning as well! We've GOT to talk your husband into writing a tutorial for us on how to get these types of pictures! BTW, what editing program does he use?

emiyeric Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 8:02pm
post #6 of 11

Ha! Shiney ... icon_smile.gif

Thanks, guys. Donnabug, I mentioned your comment about the tutorial to my hubby and he was flattered, and said he'd be happy to put a tutorial together. He designs professionally, so he uses Photoshop, but he can totally walk you through it. Thanks for that feedback, though ... I think you just bought me a couple of cake montage pictures just based on how much "my Cc buddies like them" icon_wink.gif.

Donnabugg Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 2:10am
post #7 of 11

I would love love love a tutorial on how to do that! I anxiously await! icon_biggrin.gif

SassyStacey Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 2:40am
post #8 of 11

I would also like to see a tutorial please!

SassyStacey Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 2:41am
post #9 of 11

I would also like to see a tutorial please!

TexasSugar Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 3:35pm
post #10 of 11

I think that is normal for some of us. I have an idea in my head and the cake is often different when I am finished. I think sometimes we have to see the way things are going to get an idea of what will look good or we get a brain storm for something that will look better, or a different way to do something.

I think that is a talent in itself. icon_wink.gif

TitiaM Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 4:01pm
post #11 of 11

I just figure I have an evolving plan...... I sketch them out, and then change it, and change it..... but the cakes almost always turn out better than the original plan! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%