Cake Decorating Book

Decorating By cbaummer Updated 24 Jan 2010 , 7:49pm by cylstrial

cbaummer Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 7

Can anyone recommend a good cake decorating book. I want a book that explains the basics but also goes into complicated details and designs. I would love one with pictures. I already have a few Wilton books. Thanks

6 replies
QueenBee1 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 4:45am
post #2 of 7

You might want to check out "Professional Cake Decorating" by Toba Garrett. She is a world renowned decorator. I think this book will meet your criteria. It is a bit pricey. So, if you order it, you might want to check out Amazon or E-cookbooks.com. I think I've seen it at a local bookstore. You might be able to take a look at it there or at a library first before ordering on line. She also has a wedding cake decorating book coming out sometime early this year.

kricket Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 4:58am
post #3 of 7

Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes is chock-full of beautiful photos. It's a great book.

poohsmomma Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 2:02pm
post #4 of 7

The Essential Cake Decorating Guide from Thunder Bay Press (I can't find the name of any author) has recipes, pictures with directions for decorated cakes, and step by step pictures and directions for flowers, basic fondant figures, brush embroidery, and many other things. I refer to it very often.

Here's a link to it on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1592230008/?tag=cakecentral-20

JustToEatCake Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 7

I have to second the Toba Garrett book.I've read ALL her books and for learning I think that one is by far the best with best instructions. I've read about 12 cake books lately and it's the best to me but I haven't read the one the PP spoke of so it's probably good too.

MomLittr Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 2:54pm
post #6 of 7

I third Toba Garrett's book - love her buttercream recipe, use it all the time!

cylstrial Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 7:49pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricket

Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes is chock-full of beautiful photos. It's a great book.

This book is awesome! It has around 100 full size photo's!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%