Mmf And Kitchenaid

Decorating By ethanriley Updated 24 Jan 2010 , 12:05am by cakesrock

ethanriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ethanriley Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 7

I make my own MMF by hand and I have read that many of you use your KitchenAid to make your MMF. I would like to try my KitchenAid mixer to make the MMF but I am worried that the motor will burn out or that it is not strong enough as I don't have the professional seriers.

So my question is...Can you use any KitchenAid Mixer for making MMF or is there a certain series that one should have before trying to make MMF in it?

Thanks in advance to all who respond to this.

6 replies
motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 7

I have the ultra plus. And I have made MMF in it. The last bit of PS I add by hand tho. I coat the whole inside with shortening, and the hook as well, HTH

malene541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malene541 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 7

I have the smaller "cheap" kitchen aid mixer and have made what seems a hundred batches of fondant. I haven't had any issues at all. When my mixer starts to slow down due to stress I then scrape it out and add the rest of the PS by hand.

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 7

I have the Ultra Power (300 watts) and it will do it but it sure does struggle. And it doesn't do a great job on it. I just bought a new Pro 600 for that exact reason, I've heard from others that the Pro 600 will make fondant so easily. My old one would get really hot trying to work the fondant. And I tried it once in my mother's 275 watt KA and the thing just stopped. Made me worry that I was going to break mine. Can't wait to make a batch of fondant tomorrow in the new one and see the difference.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 9:39pm
post #5 of 7

I have a KA Artisan and I've probably made 100 batches of MMF in it. It's never had any trouble. The only time I ever ended up worried about the mixer was when I was making marzipan, I guess because it has more body than MMF it seemed like the machine had trouble with it.

ethanriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ethanriley Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 10:23pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone...i have a 300 Watt kitchenAid Artisan and I have to make a batch of MMF, so I am going to be brave and try making it in my KitchenAid...

If it works I will be so happy...i don't like mixing it all by hand...it takes me forever.

Thanks again=)

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 12:05am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by malene541

I have the smaller "cheap" kitchen aid mixer and have made what seems a hundred batches of fondant. I haven't had any issues at all. When my mixer starts to slow down due to stress I then scrape it out and add the rest of the PS by hand.

Ditto

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%