Need Tips On Using Airbrush Colors!!

Decorating By vickylara2004 Updated 26 Jan 2010 , 6:11pm by TexasSugar

vickylara2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickylara2004 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 5

I just bought an airbrush and the kit came with a ton of airbrush colors. I am so excited to start experimenting with it but I've heard before that the colors need to be diluted. Do I need to dilute the colors that are specifically made for airbrushing or do I need to dilute only if I were trying to use my gel/paste icing colors? And if so, do I need to dilute with water or should I be using some sort of alcohol or clear vanilla extract???? Somebody please help! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 5:49pm
post #2 of 5

i would love to know too

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 5

If they are airbrush colors they should be a liquid and you would not add anything to them to thin them down.

I wouldn't try thinning down gel colors for an airbrush because any clumpy pieces are going to clog the airbrush.

anhdau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anhdau Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 5

First i trim some of them to draw the thiny line.
I mixed color with volka and test color many times before apply to the cake.Drop fews alcohol on the plate and mixed color slowly until reach your desire . I bought all colors in the Candy store. HTH

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 6:11pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by anhdau

First i trim some of them to draw the thiny line.
I mixed color with volka and test color many times before apply to the cake.Drop fews alcohol on the plate and mixed color slowly until reach your desire . I bought all colors in the Candy store. HTH

Are you talking about painting on a cake or airbrushing on a cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%