Drugged Out Mom At Chuck E Cheese. I'm Totally Creeped Out!

Lounge By StaceyCakes75 Updated 25 Jan 2010 , 8:05am by prterrell

StaceyCakes75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StaceyCakes75 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 6:49am
post #1 of 16

We took our kids to Chuck E cheese tonight, they had been begging to go. First off I hate Chuck E Cheese but the things we do for our kid. So we ate the over priced disgusting pizza and played some games.

After about 20 min. I noticed a lady sitting at a table eating or should I say almost falling asleep into a nasty Chuck E cheese cake. The way she looked is hard to even describe. She was clearly heavily drugged.

I felt like I was the only one greatly disturbed by this. There were kids running around all over the place. Adults walking right by pretending everything was just fine. Plus I figured she must be there with a kid and the possibilities of her driving them home really freaked me out.

I couldn't handle it. I talked to a guy (teenager of course) and he said ok I'll tell my mgr. I watched and watched and no one did anything about it. Seriously are they going to let someone like that in CEC with all the kids around.

We had to leave because that nasty pizza was taking a tole on our systems so I never saw if they did anything about it but I'm seriously bothered by this whole thing. I'm so glad my kids didn't notice. It will be a very long time before we go back there!

What would you have done?

15 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 7:14am
post #2 of 16

Nothing. Honestly, you don't know the situation. Maybe her husband was off playing games with the kid and she's got some medical condition that makes her look drugged up.

My sister has cerebal palsy, which causes her to be more clumsy than most. Twice, TWICE! she has had someone call CPS on her after seeing her walk her kids into school reporting her as being stoned or drunk.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 7:20am
post #3 of 16

It's hard to tell what's really going on with someone...for example, this morning I had to go to Walmart for Sudafed and it's cedar allergy season and my face was swollen like a balloon and my eyes were bright red and watering nonstop. I got there before the pharmacy opened (in TX you have to get sudafed from behind the counter) and I felt too horrible to walk around the store so I was sitting on the bench by the pharmacy. Six different Walmart employees came up and asked if they could help me find something. I must have looked as horrible as I felt...nobody who works at Walmart is that helpful, much less six different people. I'm sure they thought I was on something.

It's possible that the lady you saw was really sick but she had promised her kids that she'd take them out to dinner. And maybe their dad was watching them play while she sat there because she felt too bad to do anything. I know my kids got their report cards today which would have meant taking them to dinner, but I was just feeling too trashed to go anywhere.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 8:10am
post #4 of 16

Do you live in Florida? If so it could have been my sister. Now technically she isn't a drug addict. Why you ask? Well everything she gets is prescribed by her doctor. Does that make her an addict? Heck yeah! She can pour a cup of coffee for five minutes. Say crazy stuff. Fall asleep standing up. Can she stop? Nope. She can't do it, because she is addicted to all the medications she is on.
Her sons girlfriend was getting prescription medication for several different reasons. She was 20yrs old. I did say was, because she is no longer here on this earth. I am sad that prescriptions are now killing so many people.

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 16

You tried to contact the manager, that was good. Maybe I would have insisted. If she was impaired, something should have been done if she was going to drive, like CEC calling her a cab or calling the police so that her kids were safe.
My daughter has diabetes she is usually in excellent control, but if she is suddenly getting sick she can spike a low blood sugar and not realize it. She would slur her words, be unable to focus and look like she was falling asleep. I would love to be reassured that if these behaviors were observed somewhere, Someone would check into it and get her help. It would be as easy as checking her Medical ID bracelet and giving her something with sugar, which is available right there at CEC. Calling EMTs would also be great just in case.
Better safe than sorry. How would the other people feel if they read in the paper the next day that someone went into a diabetic coma while sitting at a table at a busy CEC?

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 4:40pm
post #6 of 16

I don't think I would leave w/o checking on her myself...especially if DH was there with me.

StaceyCakes75 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 5:32pm
post #7 of 16

prterrell this was not CP I know people with CP and trust me this girl was tweaking real bad. It was just like julzs71 said "Pouring a cup of coffee for five min." This girl was falling asleep while trying to eat. I am not naive, this is not the first time I have seen a tweaker. I usually don't get into other peoples business. If I saw someone like that on the street it would have not bothered me one bit. What bothered me about this is that there were kids everywhere and the safety issue of her own child. Would you say something if someone was drunk getting into a car or would you say oh you don't know their situation they could be just tired or sick or whatever? She could have been there with her husband or BF but that doesn't mean he is not tweaking too. If I woke up this morning and heard something horrible happened with this family on the news and knew I saw her and didn't try to say anything. I couldn't live with myself.

julzs71 I'm so sorry about your sister. That is a tragedy. Yes the prescription drugs is a terrible problem . I blame the Dr.s

funcakes Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 5:56pm
post #8 of 16

I am glad to hear that people would step in and do something.
I HATE confrontation and am a very private person, but sometimes you just have to step up. Yes, I had to call the police when a parent came to pick up their child and was under the influence. It disturbed me on every level, but you have to do what you have to do. That child was not going to get in the car during my watch. The parent knew who I was and where I lived. I'll deal with it.
I think we can blame the Dr.s but we need to spread that out a bit. We are constantly bombarded with the idea that there is immediate relief from every pain and discomfort. That one should not endure the slightest discomfort.
I guess they never met my mom with her-"it's supposed to hurt, and a little suffering builds character" advice. LOL

prterrell Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 8:56pm
post #9 of 16

StaceyCakes. Sorry, our family has just had a lot of annoyances because of people jumping to wrong conclusions and not bothering to check out facts. I knwo you were honestly trying to help.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 11:51pm
post #10 of 16

I would have talked to the manager personally myself, not rely on a teenager to do it. That way you know that someone older was aware of the situation. There is nothing more that you could have done. I think it is disgusting that Chuck E. Cheese started serving beer. icon_surprised.gif It's a fun place for kids, not drunken parents. I guess they give you a wristband and parents are limited to 2 drinks per visit, but come on do you really need to drink at Chuck E. Cheese? Anyway, the pizza at our Chuck E. Cheese is awesome! Even the teenagers around here go there just to buy a pizza.

funcakes Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 6:02pm
post #11 of 16

Um, I've never actually been to a Chuckey Cheese. I lied and told my visiting grandkids that there weren't any near us. However, my students describe it in detail and HE** YES, they better serve me some drinks if I every have to go there! LOL

I love kids and love to see them have fun, but my students describe pandemonium!

prterrell Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 6:31pm
post #12 of 16

Heck, I've been to CEC a few times as an adult without bringing kids with us (okay, most of them were when I was in college). We'd skip the pizza and just play the games.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 7:37pm
post #13 of 16

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I'm an avid "PerezHilton.com" reader and ALL of the stories of arrests and what not at some Chuck E. Cheese pretty much averages to AT LEAST one story a month. It's crazy how much crap goes on at that place!

Ok, I also admit... I love Chuck E. Cheese icon_biggrin.gif Something about winning all those tickets is so gratifying haha.

StaceyCakes75 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 9:29pm
post #14 of 16

Yes it pretty much pandemonium. I could see how one might need a drink to be there...laugh but really its not a place for alcohol.

Another thing that bugs me is when you see an grown adult playing the games without any kids and a line of kids waiting to pay that game. Seriously?? I would never choose to go to CEC just to play the games. Is it really that excited for an adult? I just dont get it.

My family was at Legoland a few months ago waiting for a silly little boat ride with the kids. There were several Adults with no kids waiting in line to ride this ride. My husband just could not stop talking about why an adult would want to wait in line for a little kids motorized boat ride. I don't get that either. Oh well what ever floats your boat... LOL pun intended!

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:38am
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyCakes75

I would never choose to go to CEC just to play the games. Is it really that excited for an adult?

Kinda icon_redface.gif

Haha. I would never make a line of kids wait, it is for them afterall, buuuuut, if the game's free... and it gives those exciting little tickets... you bet your hiney I'm going! My fave is Skee-Ball!

prterrell Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:05am
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceyCakes75

Another thing that bugs me is when you see an grown adult playing the games without any kids and a line of kids waiting to pay that game. Seriously?? I would never choose to go to CEC just to play the games. Is it really that excited for an adult? I just dont get it.

It must be because there's an adult version called Dave & Busters, only they have an actual restaurant (not just pizza) attached and a full-service bar in the center of the game room. http://www.daveandbusters.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%