How In The World Is This Done ?!?!?

Decorating By bmarlow001 Updated 23 Jan 2010 , 6:04pm by auntmamie

bmarlow001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmarlow001 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 5:51am
post #1 of 11

I am making a NY Giants cake next week and i'm a little worried about the "NY" and "Giants" sign on the field... I thought it might be rice paper and printed out but i'm really not sure... This cake has to be amazing so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I want to include at least one of the footballs on the cake, any suggestions on how to make it or what to make it out of?

TIA
LL

10 replies
ERdocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ERdocmom Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 6:18am
post #2 of 11

One idea that comes to mind for the football (and the easiest, I would think) is to make it out of rice krispie treats then cover with fondant.

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 6:55am
post #3 of 11

icon_surprised.gif wow! I have no idea but you can do this!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 7:09am
post #4 of 11

It looks to me like the footballs were done in chocolate molds.

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 7:11am
post #5 of 11

I was just going to say that prterrell!!

I would do them out of chocolate (hollow if possible) and they would sit easily on top of the cake!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 7:33am
post #6 of 11

AGS has lots of chocolate molds, they might have a football the right size.

Maybe they used a Cricut to make the letters. Otherwise, it could be done with an xacto knife and a lot of patience icon_biggrin.gif

bmarlow001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmarlow001 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 4:50pm
post #7 of 11

I will have to check out the football molds that sounds like a good idea icon_smile.gif

The NFL sign and the rest of it is still a big worry of mine... I'll probably just use rice paper and an exacto knife for it.

I like the idea of the cricut but how exactly would i do that? putting fondant through my cricut machine might now be the best idea... just a thought icon_wink.gif lol

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 5:05pm
post #8 of 11

So, how do you get around the copyright issues on this cake? It's for your family I presume.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 5:34pm
post #9 of 11

Wow! That's quite an undertaking. Good luck!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 5:56pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

So, how do you get around the copyright issues on this cake? It's for your family I presume.

I was going to say the same thing, lol!

It looks to me like whoever made the cake printed out the logos and put them on gumpaste or fondant plaques. They're all raised up off of the cake slightly, and they seem to be one piece that was just put on the cake.

Technically, you do have to get permission from the teams to use their logos. Just email the legal departmetn and ask for a one-time permission. Sometimes they say sure, sometimes they want design approval.

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 6:04pm
post #11 of 11

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's Buddy Valestro's bakery, right? The cake certainly looks like something he would make!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%