Lemon Infused Cake

Baking By dalis4joe Updated 28 Jan 2010 , 7:09pm by prterrell

dalis4joe Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 10

Here is another question guys...

I have a request for a lemon cake... I have done 4 cakes in 2 days so I am trying to avoid making a lemon chiffon cake (what is chiffon? is it ok to stack? too light? not sure)

I was wondering... if I add 1/8 cup of fresh lemon juice to 8 oz of simple syrup... can that work to add that to the cake? would that make it like a lemon infused vanilla cake?

AND
what buttercream do u suggest for it? I am using lemon curd as filling... should it be just plain vanilla buttercream?
LL

9 replies
pouchet82 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 10

Add lemon rind to vanilla cake, for filling I use raspberry preserves and white chocolate truffle. Always a big hit. As for your question about chiffon cake, I don't have much experience but I think it is a spongy cake

Peridot Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 10

pouchet82

Regarding the filling......raspberry preserves and white chocolate truffle. Are you combing those two together. Sounds delicious - could you please explain and what does your white choc truffle consist of? I like the idea of the lemon rind in the vanilla cake.

Thanks.

2SchnauzerLady Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 10

Chiffon is very similar in texture to a sponge - will not hold up to stacking.

brincess_b Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 10

i would add lemon rind to the cake, lemon juice to the syrup (i woud just use lemon juice and sugar, maybe a bit of water if needed to give me more to use!).
i would do a lemon bc, again, just add juice and rind. you can also add lemon oil, in the same way you use vanilla extract.
xx

dalis4joe Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:42pm
post #6 of 10

I see.... here is the problem... I made the vanilla cake already! sorry....

can I still add the lemon simple syrup?

and shoudl I use the lemon filling I have for it... or the raspberry filling?

brincess_b Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 10

just add the syrup icon_smile.gif
use whatever filling you want! lemon, rasberry, white chocolate, dark chocolate, lavender, whatever you think will taste good icon_smile.gif if you already have the filling made up, just use that, unless you are in the mood/ have the budget for experimenting.
xx

pouchet82 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 9:13pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot

pouchet82

Regarding the filling......raspberry preserves and white chocolate truffle. Are you combing those two together. Sounds delicious - could you please explain and what does your white choc truffle consist of? I like the idea of the lemon rind in the vanilla cake.

Thanks.

I use macsmom chocolate truffle from the gourmet flavors thread (I 1/2 all the ingredients and use white chocolate) sometimes I will also beat in 2 cups whipped topping so it isn't too rich. I torte my cake, put a thin layer of preserved and put the truffle filling on top. The lemon, raspberry and white chocolate make such a nice combo!
Truffle filling (can also be made with white chocolate or dark chocolate. Great to add LoRann flavors to, like creme de menthe)- MacsMom
16 oz cream cheese, softened
4 c milk chocolate chips (2 bags)
1/3 c butter
1-1/2 t vanilla
2 c PS, sifted
*Beat the cream cheese. Melt the chocolate and butter together in microwave; beat into cream cheese. Add vanilla and PS; beat well. It thickens as it cools (you may to pop it in the fridge for a while). You can soften it for a few seconds in the microwave if it gets too thick to spread

summersusu Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 3:13pm
post #9 of 10

I am making a lemon cake for my niece's 1st birthday and was wondering what combinations are tasty. Is lemon cake with lemon filling too much with a plain buttercream? Or is lemon cake, lemon filling and lemon buttercream tasty and not overwhelming....what combos have you tasted that are the best?

prterrell Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 7:09pm
post #10 of 10

I love lemon with lemon curd and lemon buttercream. You can't have too much lemon!

Lemon with raspberry is always a classic.

Lemon with blueberry is good, too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%