Lemon Infused Cake

Baking By dalis4joe Updated 28 Jan 2010 , 7:09pm by prterrell

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 10

Here is another question guys...

I have a request for a lemon cake... I have done 4 cakes in 2 days so I am trying to avoid making a lemon chiffon cake (what is chiffon? is it ok to stack? too light? not sure)

I was wondering... if I add 1/8 cup of fresh lemon juice to 8 oz of simple syrup... can that work to add that to the cake? would that make it like a lemon infused vanilla cake?

AND
what buttercream do u suggest for it? I am using lemon curd as filling... should it be just plain vanilla buttercream?
LL

9 replies
pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 10

Add lemon rind to vanilla cake, for filling I use raspberry preserves and white chocolate truffle. Always a big hit. As for your question about chiffon cake, I don't have much experience but I think it is a spongy cake

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 10

pouchet82

Regarding the filling......raspberry preserves and white chocolate truffle. Are you combing those two together. Sounds delicious - could you please explain and what does your white choc truffle consist of? I like the idea of the lemon rind in the vanilla cake.

Thanks.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 10

Chiffon is very similar in texture to a sponge - will not hold up to stacking.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 10

i would add lemon rind to the cake, lemon juice to the syrup (i woud just use lemon juice and sugar, maybe a bit of water if needed to give me more to use!).
i would do a lemon bc, again, just add juice and rind. you can also add lemon oil, in the same way you use vanilla extract.
xx

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:42pm
post #6 of 10

I see.... here is the problem... I made the vanilla cake already! sorry....

can I still add the lemon simple syrup?

and shoudl I use the lemon filling I have for it... or the raspberry filling?

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 10

just add the syrup icon_smile.gif
use whatever filling you want! lemon, rasberry, white chocolate, dark chocolate, lavender, whatever you think will taste good icon_smile.gif if you already have the filling made up, just use that, unless you are in the mood/ have the budget for experimenting.
xx

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 9:13pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot

pouchet82

Regarding the filling......raspberry preserves and white chocolate truffle. Are you combing those two together. Sounds delicious - could you please explain and what does your white choc truffle consist of? I like the idea of the lemon rind in the vanilla cake.

Thanks.

I use macsmom chocolate truffle from the gourmet flavors thread (I 1/2 all the ingredients and use white chocolate) sometimes I will also beat in 2 cups whipped topping so it isn't too rich. I torte my cake, put a thin layer of preserved and put the truffle filling on top. The lemon, raspberry and white chocolate make such a nice combo!
Truffle filling (can also be made with white chocolate or dark chocolate. Great to add LoRann flavors to, like creme de menthe)- MacsMom
16 oz cream cheese, softened
4 c milk chocolate chips (2 bags)
1/3 c butter
1-1/2 t vanilla
2 c PS, sifted
*Beat the cream cheese. Melt the chocolate and butter together in microwave; beat into cream cheese. Add vanilla and PS; beat well. It thickens as it cools (you may to pop it in the fridge for a while). You can soften it for a few seconds in the microwave if it gets too thick to spread

summersusu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summersusu Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 3:13pm
post #9 of 10

I am making a lemon cake for my niece's 1st birthday and was wondering what combinations are tasty. Is lemon cake with lemon filling too much with a plain buttercream? Or is lemon cake, lemon filling and lemon buttercream tasty and not overwhelming....what combos have you tasted that are the best?

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 7:09pm
post #10 of 10

I love lemon with lemon curd and lemon buttercream. You can't have too much lemon!

Lemon with raspberry is always a classic.

Lemon with blueberry is good, too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%