Help! Chocolate Buttercream W/ Raspberry Flavor

Baking By dalis4joe Updated 22 Jan 2010 , 8:45pm by dalis4joe

dalis4joe Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 5

Hi my experts!

I have a consult tmo and the bride requested something chocolaty and with raspberries....
I bakes a great chocolate cake and made a delicious raspberry filling...
BUT...
I'm wondering...
If I make my regular chocolate buttercream... instead of vanilla extract... can I sub that for raspberry extract.. if so.. 'bout how much flavor I add...
I bought the little flavor bottles from the cake supply store... I want to add raspberry flavor so that the chocolate buttercream has a raspberry flavor... please help me... I know my recipes by heart... but I haven't been daring enough to try new things and this is scary for me lol
LL

4 replies
leah_s Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 5

That stuff's pretty strong. Try adding 1/4 teaspoon and give it a taste.

PS, I have a bunch of flavorings and extracts. It's how I can offer 30 flavors of cake.

pouchet82 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 5

Those have a very strong flavour I am not sure how much your chocolate buttercream recipe makes, but personally I would start by adding a 1/4-1/3 of the bottle and then go from there, keep adding until you get your desired taste. I am pretty sure that 1 dram = 1 tsp

dalis4joe Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:39pm
post #4 of 5

Awww thanks guys.... ur the best.... i will start making it right now and start with 1/4 teaspoon and go from there.....

dalis4joe Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 5

Well......
YOU DID IT AGAIN!!!

lol joking.... You guys are AWESOME!

I did the chocolate buttercream and added 1/4th tea.... tasted good.. but me and hubby thought it needed a bit more... so we added 1/8th more... it worked great!!!

Thanks again for all your help....

just wondering... for the raspberry filling I mde.. should I add fresh raspberries when I fill the cake... like spread the filling then put some fresh raspberries on top? or put raspberries... then the filling.... not sure

OR!

filling with chocolate ganache... fresh raspberries and raspberry filling... all sandwiched in the middle?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%