Royal Icing Picture Drying Time.......need Help Please!!

Decorating By sharibearie Updated 23 Jan 2010 , 4:12am by ginnapooh

sharibearie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharibearie Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 4

Good morning, everyone!
Well, I've searched for an answer and cannot find one, so if someone has one (or a link to a thread that discusses this).....I'd really really appreciate it!

I've never done a colorflow or a royal icing picture - but need to. I'm making a cake that I need to have done by late tomorrow. After reading about it, I realized the icing needs to dry for a least 24 hours!! Yikes!! It looks like I should have started these pictures a LONG time ago ...but didn't realize that! So..my question is this:

HAS ANYONE FOUND ANY WAY TO MAKE THEIR ROYAL ICING/COLOR FLOW PICTURES DRY ANY FASTER THAN THE REGULAR TIME SUGGESTED??? icon_redface.gif

I read that you can heat lamp it for 2 hours and then dry ....but I don't really have time for that. I thought maybe I could put them on a cookie cooling rack and heat them somehow from below as well?? I don't know. I just need help! LOL Or I need to come up with Plan B! hahaha (hysterical laughter) icon_cry.gif

Thanks for helping!! Have a great day! thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 4

You can dry it in the oven with just the oven light on. Depending on the size though you still need several hours to do that. With the oven you are looking at 4-8 hours again depending on the size. If it is small pieces it make dry faster.

Back up plans could be a chocolate transfer or FBCT (Frozen buttercream transfer).

loopilu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loopilu Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 4

not sure how to speed it up, but good luck

ginnapooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginnapooh Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 4:12am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your help!! icon_smile.gif I had to go a different route this time..but will try the oven next time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%