Business Plan Template

Business By cakesrock Updated 22 Jan 2010 , 6:41pm by indydebi

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:15am
post #1 of 7

Anyone know of a good business plan template for the cake decorating business?

TIA icon_smile.gif

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:59am
post #2 of 7

Check your SBA or SBDC website. I believe they have some biz plan templates that will get you started.

Having done a biz plan, I don't think a special template for the cake business is really needed. Your demographic info will plug into the Marketing Research section; your costs will plug into any Income STatement, Projected P&L form, Break Even Chart, etc. Start up costs get plugged into the same accounting format; Competition Evaluation will fit into the competition section, etc.

They're all pretty much the same format. It's the individual data that's the work.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks for the info, IndyDebi. I'm just not sure what your acronynms: "SBA" or SBDC" stand for? Excuse my ignorance, but maybe it's something different in Canada? icon_smile.gif
Yes, I've done health care related business plans, but it is not a good format for cake decorating. ...Though, you're right - the data is the work!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 7

SBA = Small Busibness Administration. (A U.S. gov agency)

DelectabilityCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelectabilityCakes Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 7

http://www.bplans.com/business_plan_template/

I'm using one of the bakery ones from that website been working on it for a few weeks.

Hope that helps. icon_smile.gif

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for starting this thread. A lot of valuable info has been posted. I was told by my town bureau that I have to make up a business plan to submit in order to become a licensed home baker (and I had no idea where to start) so this thread has been very helpful. God...I love CC icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you, ladies icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 6:41pm
post #7 of 7

I'm sorry I didn't notice you were from Canada! icon_redface.gif SBDC (Small Biz Development Center) and the SBA help sm biz's with info, classes, workshops, etc. Not sure if you have a Canadian equivalent or not.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%