Business Plan Template

Business By cakesrock Updated 22 Jan 2010 , 6:41pm by indydebi

cakesrock Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:15am
post #1 of 7

Anyone know of a good business plan template for the cake decorating business?

TIA icon_smile.gif

6 replies
indydebi Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:59am
post #2 of 7

Check your SBA or SBDC website. I believe they have some biz plan templates that will get you started.

Having done a biz plan, I don't think a special template for the cake business is really needed. Your demographic info will plug into the Marketing Research section; your costs will plug into any Income STatement, Projected P&L form, Break Even Chart, etc. Start up costs get plugged into the same accounting format; Competition Evaluation will fit into the competition section, etc.

They're all pretty much the same format. It's the individual data that's the work.

cakesrock Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks for the info, IndyDebi. I'm just not sure what your acronynms: "SBA" or SBDC" stand for? Excuse my ignorance, but maybe it's something different in Canada? icon_smile.gif
Yes, I've done health care related business plans, but it is not a good format for cake decorating. ...Though, you're right - the data is the work!

leah_s Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 7

SBA = Small Busibness Administration. (A U.S. gov agency)

DelectabilityCakes Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 7

I'm using one of the bakery ones from that website been working on it for a few weeks.

Hope that helps. icon_smile.gif

Lita829 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for starting this thread. A lot of valuable info has been posted. I was told by my town bureau that I have to make up a business plan to submit in order to become a licensed home baker (and I had no idea where to start) so this thread has been very helpful. God...I love CC icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you, ladies icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 6:41pm
post #7 of 7

I'm sorry I didn't notice you were from Canada! icon_redface.gif SBDC (Small Biz Development Center) and the SBA help sm biz's with info, classes, workshops, etc. Not sure if you have a Canadian equivalent or not.

Quote by @%username% on %date%