Cc In Our Newspaper Today-Cc Member Spotlighted

Decorating By JustToEatCake Updated 22 Jan 2010 , 4:24am by Deb_

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 2:50am
post #1 of 6

I read this today in my newspaper and thought it was interesting as the person says cakecentral.com is her favorite website as she is a baker. You will also note that she sells and isn't a "professional". I guess the cake police aren't in my city. They don't have to worry about me I never want to sell anything, too much stress and i'm too old/tired. This person isn't the only one I know someone else spotlighted in our newspaper with a big spread for doing a 27 layer wedding cake a few months ago and been in "the biz" for 13 years, under the radar....We do have cottage laws here but I guess they don't consider it too serious a crime...I dunno but I'd be the one they'd go after if I did it...that's my luck....Anyway here is the link.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2010/01/20/969473

5 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 2:58am
post #2 of 6

You know thats great they did an article on the person, but you know, it really hurts the professional homebaker, when someone who sells says, "But I'm not a professional".

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:26am
post #3 of 6

I think it's a sweet article.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:34am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

You know thats great they did an article on the person, but you know, it really hurts the professional homebaker, when someone who sells says, "But I'm not a professional".

LaBella I see your point. I think the problem lies in each person's definition of "professional". Some see it as the "one who receives payment for items or services" and some see it as "one who has MASTERED a skill", for example "he's a pro a playing scrabble".

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:12am
post #5 of 6

That is true. I never thought of someone feeling they are not a professional, cause they may not feel they have mastered their skill. Maybe cause I feel if you can do the job professionally, you are a professional.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:24am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

I read the whole article and didn't notice that she said that....did I miss it? icon_confused.gif

That is a cute story though. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%