Halo Helmet

Decorating By kakedreamer1212 Updated 22 Jan 2010 , 8:37am by Darthburn

kakedreamer1212 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 1:26am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know if there is a tutorial on how to make a Halo Helmet 3-D cake or anyone made one and can tell me how? Thank you!

5 replies
Darthburn Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 1:41am
post #2 of 6

There are four people that made them. I'd try writing them a message and ask if they can give you tips or advice. I'd imagine you're going to be carving a lot. Good luck. If you search "halo helmet" in the galleries you'll get a lot more.

kakedreamer1212 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 2:01am
post #3 of 6

Thank you. I did the search already and left messages. Was hoping to find a tutorial. Keeping my fingers crossed someone will send me a visual of the inside. Customer sent me a picture of the one from Mikes amazing cakes and asked if I could make it. LOL! No pressure huh? Doubt I can come ANY WHERE near that!!!! Already not feeling to good about it when they are comparing it to one of his.

Darthburn Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 2:08am
post #4 of 6

Here is a typed explaination of how they made theirs:

Though not the most detailed, it gives you an idea. Then you just add details like this:

If it's a customer, you must be a skilled professional so adding the detail should be as easy as just looking at it.

kakedreamer1212 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:48am
post #5 of 6

Thank you very much for your help!

Darthburn Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 8:37am
post #6 of 6

Your welcome, I hope it helps you. I just read the end comment on my last post... what the heck was that??? I think I was half asleep.

What I meant was, you said a customer asked you to make it... which means you are probably a competent artist and possess the skills it would take to bring the tutorial version of the helmet up to the detailed version of the helmet.

I sure hope I didn't offend with the way the previously read.

Good Luck icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%