Extender With A Pudding Based Cake Mix????

Baking By Danielle1218 Updated 27 Jan 2010 , 11:50pm by Jackal

Danielle1218 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 9

Question for you.........

When using a cake mix extender recipe that also calls for a box of pudding.....................do you use a box mix that DOES NOT have a pudding mix in it? (Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker) or could I get away with using Pillsbury Pudding in the Mix and still add the pudding?

Just curious if that would work.....since I only use Pillsbury Pudding in the Mix.

I do have the Cake Mix Doctor book and she advises against using a box mix that has pudding in it when adding a 3 oz box of pudding.

What are your thoughts????

8 replies
greengyrl26 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 9

I always add a small box of instant pudding mix...regardless of the mix brand...even Pillsbury, and have never had a problem. icon_smile.gif

CakeMommyTX Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 9

I add a box of pudding to all my cakes regardless of brand or whether or not they already have pudding in them, works fine.

rcolson13 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 9

I added pudding to the box mix you referred to and the cake came out fine. However, it was almost too moist. I found it more difficult to cut for my topsy turvy cake than it usually is.

motherofgrace Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 11:24pm
post #5 of 9

yep, if the recipe calls for pudding I put in in regardless, cuz I usually buy whatever mix is on sale lol

Jackal Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 5:10pm
post #6 of 9

I am new at this, but when you put pudding mix in the cake mix, this makes this moist??? also when pudding it in you don't have to add more of a wet ingredient then what the cake box mix calls for??? one more questions what size pudding mix do you add per box of cake mix.

thank you icon_wink.gif

Jackal Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 8:16pm
post #7 of 9

[quote="Jackal"]I am new at this, but when you put pudding mix in the cake mix, this makes this moist??? also when pudding it in you don't have to add more of a wet ingredient then what the cake box mix calls for??? one more questions what size pudding mix do you add per box of cake mix.

thank you icon_wink.gif

Can anyone let me know please???? icon_confused.gif

motherofgrace Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 9

lol, ok it depends on the recipe, I usually use the small box. And no you dont need more wet. Just follow the recipe, and it will be fine icon_smile.gif

Jackal Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 11:50pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweetheart-

lol, ok it depends on the recipe, I usually use the small box. And no you dont need more wet. Just follow the recipe, and it will be fine icon_smile.gif

thankyou Sweetheart for responding.

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%