How Can I Make A Sugarpaste Figurine Kick Using Electronics?

Decorating By srayner Updated 23 Jan 2010 , 7:27am by prterrell

srayner Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 5

Hi my name is shirley. I want to make a cake for my kickboxing teacher.
I want to make a cake in a shape of a punching bag and in front of it
i would like to have a sugarpaste figurine simulating a kick to the bag. I know i will need to use some electronics but not sure how to go about it?

Could someone please lend some advice?

Also, would modeling chocolate be better to cover the punching bag shaped cake? How can i make it structuraly sound?

I've attached a picture to give an idea of the posture of the figurine.

thanks for your help.
LL

4 replies
prterrell Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 12:58am
post #2 of 5

Very carefully. icon_lol.gif

Sorrry, I have no idea how one would do this.

So.....

here's a bump.

srayner Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 5

Hi Prterrell,

Question...i'm going to stack small 3 inch round cakes and carve them into a punching bag. Do you have any suggestions on how i can secure the layer's so they don't buckle or slide off?

Cheers!

cheatize Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 7:23am
post #4 of 5

I'm trying to picture the kicking motion. With the figure in that position, I think you'd just need a motor that moved a quarter turn, reset, and then repeats. You could hook it up via the standing leg. The whole body would turn that way, but my experience with figures is that movement doesn't make them very happy so if you had just the leg moving, I'm not sure it would work. However, I'm not nearly as experienced as others are on here.

prterrell Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 7:27am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by srayner

Hi Prterrell,

Question...i'm going to stack small 3 inch round cakes and carve them into a punching bag. Do you have any suggestions on how i can secure the layer's so they don't buckle or slide off?

Cheers!

Stick a dowel rod down the middle if you think they need extra support. Remember that after every 4" in height, you need a cake board.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%