Eggless Cakes

Baking By MissCakeCrazy Updated 30 Jan 2010 , 7:24pm by MissCakeCrazy

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 19

I have been approached by someone who asked if I do eggless cakes. I have never done a cake like this before but I said I am sure I can find a receipe. I have many cake receipes with eggs which I don't want to switch on to other receipe's. Is there anyway I could just substiitute the egg in these receipes? And with what?

18 replies
jolmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolmk Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 19

Hope this works I've never posted a link before. She has egg substitutes in her faq's.

http://pattycakeveganbakery.com/faq.html

Good Luck
Jo

MissCakeCrazy Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 10:01am
post #3 of 19

Thanks Jo for your reply. I went on the link and am abit confused. There are alot of categories such as fruit, soda etc... with substitues written under each one?? I don't understand which one I am supposed to use..

jolmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolmk Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 19

I'll take a look and see what I can come up with, can't do it just yet will post something later.

till then
Jo

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 19

What you are looking for are vegan cake recipes. Chocolate tends to be a natural for these types of cakes, but you'll see many worthwhile recipes.

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 3:17pm
post #6 of 19

Hi,

Suggestion if you are looking for choc cake recipe. Google "Wacky Cake". It's a cake recipe that doesn't require any milk or eggs.
Hope this helps.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 3:18pm
post #7 of 19

If you have Joy of Cooking there is an awesome vegan chocolate cake recipe in there.

MissCakeCrazy Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 4:36pm
post #8 of 19

what if I am happy with the receipe's I've got? I think its too much hassle finding a new receipe as you have to find out the quantity of batter for all size tiers, plus for different flavours. I don't want to just offer a vegan choc cake.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 5:57pm
post #9 of 19

Well - you can try an egg substitute. But be ready for as many problems as trying a new recipe. I can imagine not liking the taste, or the rise, or the consistency of a "regular" recipe with a substitution. But go ahead and give it a whirl. My suggestion for the vegan search was so that you would see all of the hard work has already been done by vegan bakers.

If it was me, I would still try it out ahead of time or you might be back with one of those"I need help - Emergency" questions the night before this cake is due.

bambammay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambammay Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 2:49am
post #10 of 19

I am new at this but found this website today and tried it with cookies and it worked.
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=7678.0

Mensch Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 5:49am
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCakeCrazy

what if I am happy with the receipe's I've got? I think its too much hassle finding a new receipe as you have to find out the quantity of batter for all size tiers, plus for different flavours. I don't want to just offer a vegan choc cake.

Geez. You are welcome.

You asked a question about eggless cakes, folks came on here, answered your question, gave some good advice and tried to point you in the right direction for your request, and you're going to act ungrateful? That's not right. Even if you didn't get the answer you wanted or expected, thank the folks who helped and keep looking.

I like the recipes I have, too, but am smart enough (and know enough about baking chemistry) to realize that they are just not going to work as an eggless variation, therefore I have looked for/developed other formulas.

MissCakeCrazy Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 9:25am
post #12 of 19

I am not ungrateful at all. I went on the link which was first given to me and it had egg substitutes so I presume you can use these instead of eggs in a normal receipe. If you couldn't use them, then it wouldn't have published it on the website so it assumes you already have a receipe. Instead it would have proper receipe's with egg substitutes.

Mensch Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 11:04am
post #13 of 19

Okay, I get it. You didn't make yourself very clear and your one post sounded really snarky.

Good luck with the eggless cakes.

MissCakeCrazy Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 11:19am
post #14 of 19

thanks

munira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
munira Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 12:29pm
post #15 of 19

hello,
in india eggless cakes are in demand. we donot use any substitute but have a simole formua to it . if you still need you may contact me.
we use milkmaid or cudsif necessary.
[mod edited, cannot post email address or phone number in post.]

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 7:29am
post #16 of 19

i am not sure if posting your phone number online is a very good idea... i wouldn't anyways you never know... i would recommend editing out.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:38pm
post #17 of 19

I find eggless cakes to be very light and airy - my folks hate that, they like a cake to be substantial.
If you use cake mixes, just leave them out. The cake won't rise quite as tall, but it will still be good. One of my husband's diets, just used cake mix and a can (2 cups) of pumpkin. That's a recipe we still use, very moist though.

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:47pm
post #18 of 19

I have used the Ener G egg replacement in cakes for my son. It works very well and isn't a difference in flavor or texture really. It'll tell you on the box how to mix it for the amount of eggs you need. I found it at a health food store. You can also get it at Sprouts, Whole Foods, Central Market and Market Street if you have any of those. Good luck ! icon_smile.gif

MissCakeCrazy Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 7:24pm
post #19 of 19

Thanks, I'll try it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%