Syrup Glaze For Wedding Cakes?

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 25 Jan 2010 , 2:05pm by bashini

MissCakeCrazy Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 7

I am going to do a fondant covered wedding cake for a bride and the receipe tells you to pour syrup glaze on top of the hot cake which has come out of the oven. You then wait for it to cool before taking out. The thing is, I don't know if this is appropriate for a wedding cake as it will be sticky. When I want to torte it, it may be messy. It may be messy also for the guests. Should I do with the glaze?

6 replies
bashini Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 7

Hi, I have two recipes, carrot cake and lemon cake which says pour the syrup on the cake when it comes out of the oven. It won't be sticky. It will be nice, fresh and moist. I make these cakes for weddings too. And I don't change anything. So I would say to do what the recipe states. icon_smile.gif

MissCakeCrazy Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 9:18am
post #3 of 7

Thanks Bashini, its for a lemon cake. Its going to be 8". Is it necessary to put all those eggs in (they have so much eggs in the receipes). I have done 2 less eggs and I think it tastes nicer. I don't want it to taste eggy...

MissCakeCrazy Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 9:24am
post #4 of 7

Thanks Bashini, its an 8" lemon cake. Is it necessary to put all those eggs in (there is so much in the receipe's). Last time I used 2 eggs less and it was still nice.

bashini Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 10:14am
post #5 of 7

Hi, I wouldn't change the recipe as it is for a wedding. But if you are confident that what you did last time is better, then you can go ahead. icon_smile.gif

MissCakeCrazy Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 12:47pm
post #6 of 7

When having the syrup glaze, isn't it tricky torting it as its sticky? I will be having marzipan over it, it won't react to the marzipan would it?

bashini Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 2:05pm
post #7 of 7

As per my experience, it won't effect the marzipan. And it is not difficult to torte. Put the syrup and leave it to penetrate over night. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%