Cookie Dough Filling-Do U Think This Will Work?

Baking By CakeMommyTX Updated 22 Jan 2010 , 4:33pm by julzs71

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 9

So I am starting my Cookie Dough Filling experiments today and the first "recipe" (I use that term loosely..lol) I try will be this:

1/2 cup butter
1 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 4oz pkg vanilla pudding
1 cup mini choco chips
2 cups butter cream

Cream together butter and sugar, add salt and pudding mix, mix with butter cream and fold in chips.

Sound good?

Here's my thinking behind the ingredients-
I want the butter and brown sugar mix for the taste and texture, choco chip cookie dough to me is gritty and sweet and it's the brown sugar that sets it apart, so I have to have that.
I added the salt because I like my cookie dough salty, and the pudding to really thicken it up, its not cookie dough unless its stiff.
So does this sound like a good plan?
Im going to give it a go but any suggestions are welcome.
I really want it to be just like cookie dough, not frosting that taste a little like cookie dough.
I was thinking about making the cookie recipe but omitting the eggs, but I need a binder, evap milk or cream maybe?
Almost as important as taste is the texture, I really have to get that gritty texture right.

8 replies
dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 9

I've had success just using a choc chip cookie dough and omitting the egg. Good luck with your experiment!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 9

what did you use for the extra moisture when you left out the egg?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 4:46pm
post #4 of 9

I made a cookie dough 'truffle' last summer. I used a basic cookie recipe and left out the egg. It comes out stiffer with out the egg.

I saw some recipes online that had maybe condensed milk but that sounded too sweet to me.

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 9

I didn't use anything extra. If you're worried about it just use less flour. It's really easi to wing since you're basically wanting flavor/texture and not baking it

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 2:58pm
post #6 of 9

what about cream cheese

LEHLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LEHLA Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:04pm
post #7 of 9

also used cookie recipe without the egg works great!!

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:54pm
post #8 of 9

I use my regular cookie dough recipe with the following adjustments:

- Eliminate the eggs.
- Eliminate the baking soda.
- Replace 1/3 of the flour with powdered sugar
- increase the butter by 1/4 with hi-ratio shortening.
- either use mini chips or the flatter, disc-like ones so it's not so difficult to spread. (if you use mini chips, remember they are more compact by volume, so use fewer.)

I have a whole series of cookie dough frostings I offer, including sugar cookie and molasses~spice cookie. They're my most requested.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:33pm
post #9 of 9

there is one on allrecipes.com that has a cookie dough recipe for ice cream or topping. It doesn't contain egg and is good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%