My Cake Ball Cruffle Truffle Adventure

Baking By lilthorner Updated 21 Jan 2010 , 7:40am by dandelion56602

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 6:09am
post #1 of 4

ok, so I made these a LONG time ago with coffee creamer.. I didn't really care for the consistency so I never tried again.

since I was trying to figure out something to sell at my retreat, I read the majority of the cake ball thread and looked at the thread about jillmakescakes sending some to indydebi. I made a recipe of red velvet cake and some cream cheese icing.. i put the cake in the freezer to make sure it was really cold.

I put one layer in the food processor and ground it up. Then, I put about 3 tablespoons, not measured, but the big spoon from silverware sets..

I scooped about 12 or 15 and set them in the freezer for about 20 minutes.. I used guittard a'peels for dipping I was waiting on my taster to come over, but I allowed my daughters to eat some..they loved them.. i ate one. then 2.. then I had to walk away..

I went to roll the remainder that was in the processor and I noticed it wasnt as "bound" as when I first did it. I put the mix in a baggie and it's sitting on the counter. I have a few questions:

1. those who scoop, do u scoop and roll or only scoop?
2. the mix that I have leftover can I put it in the fridge and then take it out and add more icing to bind it back up?

off to search more about cake balls icon_smile.gif

3 replies
dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 6:43am
post #2 of 4

Here's a link w/ TONS of info.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-658476.html

I scoop & roll. Did you try rolling after coming back to them? I would try. Also try rolling them out befor e adding anymore binder or you'll end up w/ the consistancy like w/ creamer. And it doesn't take much to get there!

And while I've typed this someone has probably beaten me to posting the link icon_smile.gif

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 7:12am
post #3 of 4

thats the thread I have been reading all day..

when I came back, I did try to roll after I scooped they kinda wouldnt stay together which is why I stopped

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 7:40am
post #4 of 4

I would suggest a tad more binder, maybe 1 T then try again--making sure that 1 T is really mixed in well. I wouldn't add more than 1 T at a time

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%