Decorating By Jennzoe333 Updated 23 Jan 2010 , 2:13am by Cattibrie

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 1:26am
post #31 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

That cake looks fabulous!!! My favorite story about one who did her own birthday cake was Melvira -- she did a simple round cake and wrote "I'm old" on it! icon_lol.gif (Not to be confused with the one she did another time which read "it's late, I'm tired, here's your cake.") icon_biggrin.gif

Awww, thanks Bob!! But, don't forget the year I got the cake all iced and smoothed and just ran out of steam so I bordered it and wrote, "Ahhh, screw it!"

My favorite birthday cake for myself though was a joint effort with Nancy from Nancy's Fancy Cookies and Cakes. She made the cookie topper and mailed it to me, and I made the cake before seeing the topper!

http://www.sweetcakesonline.net/MelviraCake.jpg

Gorgeous Cake, and topper. They couldn't have gone together more perfectly.

Cattibrie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cattibrie Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 2:13am
post #32 of 32

I just started doing cakes in November and have done 6 family birthday cakes since then. When my birthday was coming up on Jan. 13th I asked my mother where she was going to get my cake from and the response was "If you aren't making it, we aren't having cake." Turns out I am the family cake lady now since they all really love my cakes so every year I guess I am making my own cake from now on.

Mine wasn't as good as any of the ones posted here but I do aspire to making cakes that look as great as the ones here. Thanks for making me realize I am not the only one and giving me something to aspire to. And I never thought of dummy cakes to do a tiered cake from my small birthday party.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%