Help!!! What Size Tier!?

Decorating By cavette Updated 21 Jan 2010 , 1:59pm by jammjenks

cavette Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 12:15am
post #1 of 8

Hello.....I was wondering what size tiers would be the best for a baby needs to serve atlease 80people! And what is the best why to make Butterflies!? This is for a babyshower cake and I really need help with these two things! Thank you so much for helping me! icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
JanH Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 12:38am
post #2 of 8

..moving to Cake Ideas. icon_smile.gif

prterrell Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 12:50am
post #3 of 8

Does the cake HAVE to be multi-tiered? (Honestly never been to a shower or had anyone want a multi-tiered cake for a shower)

Single tier cakes: 15" round or 14" square

2-tier cakes: 8" round on a 12" round OR 8" square on a 10" square.

3-tier cake: 6" round on an 8" round on a 10" round

I *think* there's a tutorial on here for doing the wafer-paper butterflies. I've never made them. You can also order them where all you do is cut them out, Fancy Flours sells them. That would be the easiest thing to do.

grams Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 1:07am
post #4 of 8

Gelatin butterflies would be great.

cavette Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 2:06am
post #5 of 8

I actually looked at ordering the gelatin butterfly kit but I dont know what they would look like! I really need to make the butterflies by next week! But those are so cute! I'm going to order the kit but I'm not sure if I will use it for the babyshower cake! They are beautiful for sure! Thanks

jammjenks Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 3:45am
post #6 of 8

How real do the butterflies need to look? You could make some whimsical like these:

cavette Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 4:07am
post #7 of 8

Thoses are cute! How did you make them?

jammjenks Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 1:59pm
post #8 of 8

I used a mini butterfly cookie cutter and then laid them in the inside edges of a cake pan overnight. Then removed them and let them dry for several more hrs. I like to make extras and use them as accents on other cakes for unexpected girlie touches. Here are a couple I used the extras on:

Quote by @%username% on %date%