Anyone Ever Tried This Software: Wedding Cake Design Pro?

Decorating By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 31 Jan 2010 , 5:16pm by weirkd

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone ever ordered this software? You can design wedding cakes; it sounds really cool, but it's expensive. Has anyone ever tried it? Thanks!

2 replies
umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 3

Yes. I actually have it. It's good, but not great!!!! For instance....you have to use the preloaded decorations. Such as, if you wanted to put a ruffled on a cake, there isn't one in the gallery so you have to improvise. The colors aren't real true colors. What I have done is......I printed a three tier cake multiple times and that is what I use to draw on with the client. ALSO....with the software....it's hard to get the decorations all even!!!!!! They are so small, the mouse is just a hair bigger then they are so it's sometimes hard to grab onto them once you put them on the cake to move them. Well, not sometimes...MOST of the time. HTH!!!!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 3

I agree. Its very primitive for a design program. It really needs to be updated with something like Photoshop or Illustrator where you can add things or have a space that you can draw something and add it to the cake. There also isnt things like topsy turvey or anything like that. I really dont use it much at all. I always revert to printing out the templates on here and then hand drawing on what I need to. I say save your money. Its really not worth it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%