Spackling (Sp) Cake Dummies

Decorating By letem_eat_cakes Updated 20 Jan 2010 , 7:54pm by Win

letem_eat_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letem_eat_cakes Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 4

okay, this may be insane but i have an idea that i want to run by ya'll.
my dog got hold of a box of cake dummies that i ordered before we knew that they had been delivered. therefore there are a few holes (teeth gouges) in the dummies. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

my question/idea is this: icon_rolleyes.gif
can i use royal icing (spread into and over the holes) to smooth out the sides so i do not have to throw away and re-order the dummies?

Thanks in advance

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 7:38pm
post #2 of 4

I've had a few pieces of styrofoam that I have used for dummies and over time they have gotten damaged. I actually took some fondant (since I was covering it in that) and filled in the hole then smoothed it out where it made a flat surface. It worked great. I don't see why royal wouldn't work the same way. icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 4

I wonder if you could use joint compound and sand it down after it dries???

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 4

RI is fine, true Spackle (like the stuff you use for household needs) is fine, and a product made for dummies called PermaIce will also accomplish filling in the holes. I've used RI to fill in actual "chunks" of styrofoam that came as packing... it was a good square piece and I couldn't let it go to waste.... so I just filled in those holes and went to town covering it with fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%