Something I've Never Done Before

Business By lilthorner Updated 21 Jan 2010 , 12:24am by lilthorner

lilthorner Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 11

I will be attending a women's retreat and I have the opportunity (I have been encouraged) to sell at the retreat.. I will send the items I am going to sell and i can take orders and also have extras for spur of the moment.. I need to do a lil "box" type thing as the coordinator said that has been a good seller (2 cookies and a milk for 5 bucks, that type of thing) there will be a "pajama party" in the night so it will be a good idea for that..

I'm thinking about 2 or 4 cupcakes...some 3 inch sweet potato tarts which people LOVE and I have no idea what else.. I don't want it to be tooo labor intensive for me (as in cutting and slicing a cake) but I don't know what else I should offer.. I don't want to offer 10 items I just want to focus on 3-4 (if that's not too much)

ideas?

10 replies
amysue99 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 11

Something in chocolate. Maybe cake truffles (balls)?

pianocat Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 11

Cake balls are my #1 request, in different flavors.

Lorabell Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 5:38pm
post #4 of 11

Hi!

If you have the pan, you could bake individual pound cakes and sprinkle with powder sugar. It would be the perfect size to put in a small box.

Good Luck,
Lori

prterrell Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 5:41pm
post #5 of 11

Cookie sandwiches (chocolate chip filled with reg BC, peanut butter filled with fudge, lemon filled with raspberry BC...)

lilthorner Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 11

oddly enough I haven't ever made cake truffles, cruffles, balls etc.. well I did once and the texture was questionable, which im sure was my fault.. lol I haven't tried again..

Lori, I have a 6 cake pan and the 12 cake pan..which one? the six?

prterrell, would these be regular cookies sized or whoopie pies?

Lorabell Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 9:07pm
post #7 of 11

Hey again,

The pan I'm referring to has about 6 cavities to make mini loafs. I would assume the receipe would not need to be changed, you'd just divide the batter between the cavities.

Lori icon_biggrin.gif

prterrell Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 10:07pm
post #8 of 11

I make sandwhich cookies either with standard size cookies (about 3" diameter) or sometimes I do bite-size ones with smaller cookies (about 1" diameter). It helps if the cookies are soft, chewy ones, not hard, crisp ones, or the filling oozes out. Chocolate chip cookies w/ chopped hazelnuts filled with Nutella are excellent, as are ginger cookies filled with lemon curd. There's all kinds of combinations you can do. icon_biggrin.gif

IsaSW Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 10:59pm
post #9 of 11

What about french macaroons, in a pretty package, see sample.

They are light, easy to make, and if you make them look pretty. I'll bet you sell tons of them.

Good luck!
LL

Texas_Rose Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 12:06am
post #10 of 11

I make sugar cookies with MMF on them...they taste good and everyone seems to love them. They could be made ahead of time so you didn't have as much to do at the last minute. They're fast to make too, just cut the mmf with the same cookie cutter you use for the cookies and lay the fondant pieces on the cookies right when they come out of the oven. I use real butter and lorann's buttery sweet dough emulsion in the cookie dough, and lorann's butter rum flavoring in the MMF, and the result is a very rich cookie.

lilthorner Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 12:24am
post #11 of 11

thanks everybody!

I have decided to do:

cupcakes (prolly only choc, vanilla and rv)--4 boxed unless I do minis? decisions decisions

cake balls (I have some cake in the oven that I am going to make them out of and give to my testers today or tomorrow to tell me what they think)

my peanut (and or pecan) brittle

I LOVE macarons, but I would get a lot of funny looks before people would buy them.. these client's are kinda "regular" LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%